Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Awkward spot 5/10/20 NLHE

estacosanostraestacosanostra Posts: 44Subscriber
edited December 2016 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Hello! I need some feedback on a hand I played recently. I don't post much on here at all so be mindful of that, thanks.

Playing 5/10 with mandatory straddle. Hand takes place 15 mins after opening game. I have played with villain a few times. I've seen some spewy play and some right play based on how his sessions have been going. Overall decent player otherwise.

Utg opens 60 5 callers, I have QQ otb and 3bet to 300 (most players have 2k starting stacks), folds around to HJ that 4bets to 1.1k (2k effective)

I have seen players in this game flat a raise with AA/KK when OR is to their direct right..I have never seen AA/KK flat call after an open and 3 callers and in position. I stuffed the rest in. Board run out was Ten high inconsequential.

I lose QQ<AA

Am I reading into this too much? Any of you ever fold pre? Sounds weird to me each time I think about it. Wondering what you thought?

Thanks in advance.

Jason

Tagged:

Comments

• iamalliniamallin Posts: 1,173Subscriber, Professional
    Squeeze bigger..350 to 400....I would get it in. You should be squeezing a lot here..qq is too high up in that range to fold.
  • maphacksmaphacks Posts: 2,009Subscriber
    edited December 2016
    his huge sizing screams AK or maybe another hand he wants folds such as JJ. SHOVE.

don't post results next time. good luck
  • estacosanostraestacosanostra Posts: 44Subscriber
    Thanks for the feedback.
  • DrSpaceDrSpace Posts: 716Subscriber
    You can definitely fold to some villains and never to others. Its a 100 bb with dead money and other actors, optimally its just a cooler.