Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2 hands from 2-5 PA Sands

MattKGBMattKGB Posts: 35Subscriber
Please, give your opinion and advice on the hands. I'll post the results in a couple of days. Thank you.
Hand 1
Villain 1((2000), white, mid 30s, up, probably a reg, saw him limp-rearaise from utg, fairly agressive.
Earlier in a limped pot I bet 3 streets vs him with KQ on KJ9J2 rainbow and he folded the river flashing a K.
Villain 2 (600), white, mid 40s, probably plays table games, he keeps pulling $100 chips fom his pocket. Very spewy. Earlier I stacked him for $140 where I raised his limp to 25 with AJss, someone called behind me, and he called. Flop J83dd and he pushed AI with A8.
Hero(800). New to to the table, stacked 2 short stacks with reasonable hands. Image is probably somewhat neutral.
Villain2 limps, I limp with J8hh, 5 more limps. Flop:Kh7h5d, V2 bets $20, I call, 2 more player call, including V1 on the button. Turn:4c, V2 checks, I bet $60, i get one caller, V1 raises to $210 . So its $150 to us to call with 740 behind, there's $450 in the pot(including the raise). It looks that a caller will fold his hand. If We probably are not going to get paid on the river if we hit our flush should we just fold? Should we raise the flop an iso V2?

Hand 2
The villain is the V2(450) from hand 1.
Hero (450) opens QQ utg to 20, utg +1(150) calls, Villain is in the BB and raises to 40, I call, utg+1 calls. Flop: T34 rainbow. Villain bets 100, Hero calls ands its HU. Turn: 5, Villain bets 100, Hero ?

Comments

• ChipChairmanChipChairman Posts: 41Subscriber
    Would be good to know positions; Hand 1; I fold pre 100% of the time, as played fold. Your hand looks face up as a draw when you call and chances are you are going to see one card. Against a good player who can hand read even semi decently, you are not getting to see two cards.

Hand 2
    Assuming fish is bad spewey; I reraise for value. My guess is he never folds and you need to get money in when ahead. OTF, you are good most of the time and flop is dry. (40+40+20) And he leads for pot. When you called Preflop was it to trap? Or did you really fear he might have Aces or Kings? Depending on how spewey villain is, I might just call him down. If he is not a moron, I think I fold turn as your hand looks like what it is. QQ or JJ. If he is a moron who might bet 99 here, I will call. He could also be betting AK or AQ here cause he picked up a BD gutshot.
  • eselspieleselspiel Posts: 115Subscriber
    MattKGB said

Please, give your opinion and advice on the hands. I'll post the results in a couple of days. Thank you.
    Hand 1
    Villain 1((2000), white, mid 30s, up, probably a reg, saw him limp-rearaise from utg, fairly agressive.
    Earlier in a limped pot I bet 3 streets vs him with KQ on KJ9J2 rainbow and he folded the river flashing a K.
    Villain 2 (600), white, mid 40s, probably plays table games, he keeps pulling $100 chips fom his pocket. Very spewy. Earlier I stacked him for $140 where I raised his limp to 25 with AJss, someone called behind me, and he called. Flop J83dd and he pushed AI with A8.
    Hero(800). New to to the table, stacked 2 short stacks with reasonable hands. Image is probably somewhat neutral.
    Villain2 limps, I limp with J8hh, 5 more limps. Flop:Kh7h5d, V2 bets $20, I call, 2 more player call, including V1 on the button. Turn:4c, V2 checks, I bet $60, i get one caller, V1 raises to $210 . So its $150 to us to call with 740 behind, there's $450 in the pot(including the raise). It looks that a caller will fold his hand. If We probably are not going to get paid on the river if we hit our flush should we just fold? Should we raise the flop an iso V2?

Hand 2
    Hero (450) opens QQ utg to 20, utg +1(150) calls, Villain is in the BB and raises to 40, I call, utg+1 calls. Flop: T34 rainbow. Villain bets 100, Hero calls ands its HU. Turn: 5, Villain bets 100, Hero ?
    Hand 1 check the turn. You have a good draw and you're turn bet reps nothing of value.

Hand 2. I would call down. You're either way ahead or way behind, but the price is reasonable.
  • MattKGBMattKGB Posts: 35Subscriber
    Thank you for your repies. I agree that I should fold preflop in Hand 1 . I ended up calling the turn , and check folded on the river to his bet of 210. I laso agree that raised myself off the draw and my hand is sorta face up. Hand2: i raised all in on the turn and he snap called with A2. The hand confused me a lot. But it must be a sign that the games are good.
  • Fish FryerFish Fryer Posts: 161Member
    MattKGB said

Hand 1

Hand 2
    Hand 1 I fold preflop. I don't think this is a profitable hand to over limp with. What are you going to do if the button raises? As played, I'd check back the turn. Hard to believe your bet here given the line.

Hand 2 I would call the turn and call a blank river unless you had seen the V get out of line here before with JJ, AK etc....

Unrelated - I would not make the assumption that because V keeps black chips in his pocket that he is playing table games. I keep black chips in my pocket to make reloading easier and faster and I hate table games. Just a thought....

Zach
  • grindblergrindbler Posts: 131Member
    hand 1] i don't understand the turn bet, except as a blocking/ name your own price bet, which i don't like for the reason that the HH demonstrates. we should want to be betting to get more $ in the pot, and i'm not sure why we should want that here??
    theres no plan as to what to do when you get raised. i don't like continuing considering some of opponents range has us drawing dead or very slim (nut FD), we are OOP w/ a weak draw... the limp PF set up this bad situation, so the best thing to say is to fix the problem there, and fold PF. it's rarely going to be profitable to limp J8 in EP.
    folding>raising>limping in

hand 2] youre beating 99 and AK, and his line looks more like the hands that beat you, and there are many more combos in his range that beat you than 99 and AK/AQ which we should weight way less.
    I think 4 betting this min 3 bet PF would be a near-disaster, and would be turning QQ into a bluff/ setting yourself up to only to get better to continue, and worse to fold out, allowing him to play perfectly.
    actually, what is BBs stack size??
    Yes, i agree that i should try to see the river in H1 as cheap as possible, and my bet doesn't really have a purpose. I overvalued my draw. Hand2 he has 450 , I was confused and by the min 3 bet. I guess he would raise bigger with aces or kings, so i should 4 bet , but i'm not sure if it's the most profittable play.