Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Blind Sizes Bankroll Capacity

Jack7777Jack7777 Posts: 655Subscriber
edited July 2016 in Low Content Forum
One is the home games that I play is 1/2 with 2/5 average betting or another with just a $5 button that is more of a 2/5 or 5/10 game. I can't figure it out. Opens are usually 25-30. I think you have to play different blind structures to figure out what bets mean what. Players sit at these games with starting stacks of average $300, but are soon out of 1K.

How would you approach these games? Buy in and bet sizing?

Comments

• ActionTwinActionTwin Posts: 147Subscriber, Professional
    edited July 2016
    Buy in an amount that covers the worse players. If you're the best player at the table then cover everyone.

Bet sizing is always the same in every poker game regardless of the size of the blinds...when value betting bet the maximum you think they will call. When bluffing bet the minimum you think will get the job done. Preflop if people are opening $25-30 in a $1/2 game and getting called by weak hands then your sizing should be the same or even more. Find the sizing threshold where you'll still get action.
  • FreeLunchFreeLunch Posts: 1,311Pro
    ActionTwin is right - all I can add is that if the effective stacks are much smaller because of standard openings then you have to play a lot fewer implied odds hands - you need a much tighter range especially out of position
  • Jack7777Jack7777 Posts: 655Subscriber
    ActionTwin wrote: »
    Buy in an amount that covers the worse players. If you're the best player at the table then cover everyone.

Bet sizing is always the same in every poker game regardless of the size of the blinds...when value betting bet the maximum you think they will call. When bluffing bet the minimum you think will get the job done. Preflop if people are opening $25-30 in a $1/2 game and getting called by weak hands then your sizing should be the same or even more. Find the sizing threshold where you'll still get action.
    FreeLunch wrote: »
    ActionTwin is right - all I can add is that if the effective stacks are much smaller because of standard openings then you have to play a lot fewer implied odds hands - you need a much tighter range especially out of position
    Thanks guys. The $5 button game is the one where 25-30 opens are not out of the norm.