Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 flopped flush in 3bet pot

TDFTDF Posts: 1,130Subscriber
V1 unknown rec, LP preflop.
V2 bad LAG. Can't read hands very well, bluffs a lot in bad spots.
Hero recently joined table.

Hand 1 - for reference
V1 (200) limps UTG
V2 (500) opens to 20 UTG+1
LP calls
Hero (600) calls in SB with 7c6c (don't like this call much and would fold for 25)
BB folds, V1 calls
3 to flop (85) 2d2c6h
Hero checks, V1 bets 20, V2 tank/calls, LP folds. Hero calls
turn (145) Ts
Hero checks, V1 bets 20, V2 calls, Hero calls
river (205) Qd
Hero checks, V1 bets 20, V2 raises to 130, Hero?
It's pretty clear that V1 has weak pair and V2 most likely sees it and tries to bluff him. Is it +EV to ship over as a bluff here? Hero thinks that he never takes this line for value so bluffing would be unbalanced and folds.
V1 tank calls with Ac6c and wins vs AJ

Hand 2 - the very next hand
Hero (540) OTB with Qc6c makes it 30 over 2 limpers.
SB folds
V1 (460) in BB 3bets to 60
all fold to Hero who calls
HU to flop (130) 8c4c2c
V1 bets 60.
What's our plan for the hand?

Comments

• TJTJ Posts: 239Subscriber
    This player seems kind of weak from the way he played hand 1. When a weak player 3bets out of the blind here, I expect him to mostly have QQ+, maybe AKs. If he's betting, I expect him to have the overpair with a club in it, as I think he would check (for example) two red kings here. He can't have QQ with a club (since we have the Qc), so I think he's mostly going to show up with AcKc, AcKx, AxKc, AcAx, KcKx here. With a weak player, I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing JcJx, this way on the flop, but not always preflop, so I'll give him one combo of that. Against that, we're a 2-1 favorite.

With that in mind: Pot 190, effective stacks 340. I think he will call with any of the hands that he bet with. If we make a small raise, say to 150, it makes the pot 340, and leaves him 250 on the turn, which I think makes an easy turn shove. However, he might check fold the turn if he misses, so what about a flop shove? If we shove, it's 530, 340 for him to call. I think with the above range, he calls that off all day. Flop shove.
  • jmcjmc Posts: 58Member
    Villain is possibly tilting and seems like a bad lag. I say let him keep trying to bluff us by calling the flop. If we're lucky, he'll spaz out on the turn and shove.

If he checks or bets, we can likely bet/raise the turn given that he doesn't like to fold.
  • WackabrewWackabrew Posts: 400Subscriber
    I want to try and get the money in now, as I would hate for a scare card to come on the turn. I guess it would be read dependent, but you could either click it back or go for it and shove. If you click it back, you may get him to spazz out with his bluffs and bet/3bet, whereas a shove looks like you have a strong hand that you are trying to protect.

Based on the read in the first hand, it seems as though this villian has trouble letting go of top pair. It's close, but I think you shove and hope he has a hand like AcJx
    Wackabrew said

I want to try and get the money in now, as I would hate for a scare card to come on the turn. I guess it would be read dependent, but you could either click it back or go for it and shove. If you click it back, you may get him to spazz out with his bluffs and bet/3bet, whereas a shove looks like you have a strong hand that you are trying to protect.

Based on the read in the first hand, it seems as though this villian has trouble letting go of top pair. It's close, but I think you shove and hope he has a hand like AcJx
    I know I'm new here, and tone of voice doesn't do well on the internet, so let me start by saying I'm asking, not flaming.

Do you think a weak player is thinking much about what we have? I think with Ac or Kc in his hand, he's going to think, "I don't know what this guy has, but I have a flush draw! I call! Wheeeeeeee!"
  • bobo1384bobo1384 Posts: 145Subscriber
    my initial reaction is to raise to $150ish and jam turn. I don't think he gets away from overpairs on the turn and he's not folding with the Ac and probably not with the Kc. imho
  • TDFTDF Posts: 1,130Subscriber
    I thought that this is pretty easy hand as well
    I raised to $155, planning to shove turn. Villain is tank/folded red Aces face up. I was really surprised. But he explained - "You just saw me calling big bluff with weak hand so you wouldn't try to bluff me. Therefore you have it"
    My point here that weak players are not certainly stupid idiots. Some of them are actually smart people. They just don't know how to play poker. So we shouldn't treat them like they don't understand and don't see anything at the table.
    Good point, and something we would all do well to remember. Not all donks are idiots.