Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 Three hands vs same Villain.

TDFTDF Posts: 1,130Subscriber
Villain sits on immediate Hero’s right. He’s very loose PF. He’s not afraid to put money in the pot. Can be aggressive with draws. Doesn’t like folding.

Hand 1.
UTG ($500 tight-passive) limps, EP ($200 loose-passive) limps, Villain in HJ ($500) limps, Hero ($415) in CO opens AsTc to 30.
AdTd9s (125) chk, chk, Villain bets 25, Hero raises to 85, UTG folds, EP calls, HJ calls.
5h (380) chk, chk, Hero moves AI for 300.

Hand 2.
MP ($200 loose-passive) limps, Villain in SB ($800) raises to 25 Hero ($800) in BB calls with Tc9c, MP calls.
Jc7c5s (75) Villain bets 40, Hero (raise or call here?) raises to 130, MP folds, SB moves AI for $550 more. Hero folds.

Hand 3.
MP limps, Villain ($900) in CO opens to 25, Hero($700) OTB calls with Ac6c, all fold. Heads-up to flop.
Kc9c6h (60) Villain bets 35. Hero raises or calls?

Comments

• eselspieleselspiel Posts: 115Subscriber
    Does the villian double-barrel? If not, then IMO hands 2 & 3 are calls and try to take the pot away on later streets.

Hand 1 seems ok. I like calls on 2 & 3 and try to use our position. If stacks were a lot shorter, then I could see shoving either of those hands if there is at least some fold equity.
  • chilidogchilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    hand 1: looks fine. you lose some value from worse Ax, but might get called by a big combo draw. his block-ish bet sizing on the flop weights his range towards a draw.

hand 2: if you don't want to play a big pot, don't raise flop. you give yourself 0 chance to realize your equity by raise/folding.

hand 3: call c-bet on the flop. you might have the best hand here, or be able to get him off a pair between 6 and K by the river. or obv you could just turn him dead, which is always nice. he might also continue betting with a worse flush draw, when he only has 6-9 outs to make the best hand.
  • SkinnybrownSkinnybrown Posts: 286Member
    Hand two: I really don't like raising flop. The most FE can be gained on the turn if you want to go that route.

Hand three: The purpose of raising the NFD is to caputure fold equity. Against this player who "is not afraid to put money in the pot" I don't think you have a lot.
  • TDF--

Good Stuff here.

Hand 1 is fine in my opinion except for a fair portion of the time pf where I may overlimp or raise larger/smaller.

Hand 2-- Unless I am reading this wrong you cant fold and I don't understand the reasoning as to why you did given the pot odds. I cant even think of one hand you dont have proper equity against at ~1.5 -1. And I like a raise on flop with 12+ out draw with no showdown value.

Hand 3-- I like a semibluff raise here. This is much different that a strong hand (like top pair and a flush draw that doesnt have to worry about being beat). Your playing a guessing game on later streets.

Bart
  • CajunDragonCajunDragon Posts: 173Member
    I think it's important to expand on your statement of "Doesnt like folding" IMHO

# If you meant he is ornery post flop, then I like calling because it seems like there won't be as much fold equity vs this particular villain. If thats the case our turn bet is going to have to be bigger if we want to continue the semi-bluff. In the 2-5 games I play in here in Vegas, peoples tendency to continue on the flop is huge compared to their willingness to put money in on the turn. If thats the case I'd try to take it away on the turn or make an appropriate value bet if we hit our hand.

# If you meant he had a high VPIIP pre and likes to play ATC but is ABC post flop then I like semi-bluff raises on the flop in #2 and #3

I prob play hand #1 the exact same way.
  • SkinnybrownSkinnybrown Posts: 286Member
    Bart said

TDF--

Good Stuff here.

Hand 1 is fine in my opinion except for a fair portion of the time pf where I may overlimp or raise larger/smaller.

Hand 2-- Unless I am reading this wrong you cant fold and I don't understand the reasoning as to why you did given the pot odds. I cant even think of one hand you dont have proper equity against at ~1.5 -1. And I like a raise on flop with 12+ out draw with no showdown value.

Hand 3-- I like a semibluff raise here. This is much different that a strong hand (like top pair and a flush draw that doesnt have to worry about being beat). Your playing a guessing game on later streets.

Bart
    Hand three: if you raise and get called, are you barreling every turn card besides a K if checked to?
  • TDFTDF Posts: 1,130Subscriber
    Bart said
    Thanks Bart. I don't like limping. I just don't have much expirience playing multiway limped pots. I feel more comfortable in raised pots. Do you think I need to work on playing limped pots or is it ok to have very narrow limping range (like PP only) in live FR games?

Sorry, I made mistake somewhere. I had naked FD. I didn't have gutshot (or didn't see it in the game) .

But isn't "playing a guessing game" in position is where our edge comes from? I actually like to be in this situation where I know that I will "guess" correct play more often then my opponents and this is where my winnings come from.