Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 NL 100BB effective TPTK WITH NUT FLUSH DRAW BLOCKER ON RIVER

El_JefecitoEl_Jefecito Posts: 119Subscriber, Professional
$500 effective stack, 1st orbit at table, no players I recognize which means good table to me
I Iso AdJc to 20 from btn, sb and mp call
($65) flop Jd8d5c I bet 40 and MP who has 1500ish check raises to 100 I call giving him a range of JX, 88, 55, 85, random flush and straight draws
($265) turn 6d he bets 100 I call thinking we have the redraw to the nuts and will likely get paid off if we hit with less than a pot sized bet left
($465) river Tc he bets 200, hero?????

I'm thinking this is most likely a fold on river but without any reads on villain I wasn't quite sure. I was thinking we only really beat KJ, Qj, 910, and 67, chopping with AJ and losing to basically everything else, flush got there on turn, some straights have completed although not the most likely ones, and we are losing to all sets and random two pair, seemed like a very value based line to me, Just curious what you guys think?

Also what do think about a shove on the turn with tptk and the nut flush draw?

Comments

• TJTJ Posts: 239Subscriber
    Fold. His line looks so strong. c/r flop, lead turn, lead river. Further, think about what your hand looks like to him. You bet/called on the flop, and called a bet on the turn. You have to be just about face up here. I have a hard time finding a hand he's playing like this that you beat, unless it's a total airball. Even then, what are the chances that a player is firing 3 times against your line here?

If he checks to me on the river, I probably bet like $150 to get called by KJ.
  • TDFTDF Posts: 1,130Subscriber
    How many limpers before you? In my game I open to 20 when folded to me, 30 when 1-2 limpers and 35 when more then 2 limpers.
    Flop is very wet so you can cbet bigger. I would bet 55-60.
    Joe M said
    I call giving him a range of JX, 88, 55, 85, random flush and straight draws
    What's your equity against this range? What's your plan for different turns and rivers?
  • BigOwlBigOwl Posts: 80Member
    I don't mind calling the smallish flop raise but I fold the turn. There is nothing he is betting the turn with that you beat.
  • I definitely fold the river. I call the turn but since the flush arrived (and 97 made a straight) on the turn and he continued firing, there just aren't enough hands you beat.

What would you do if river was an ace or jack and he made the same bet?
  • BigOwlBigOwl Posts: 80Member
    DavidLarson said

I definitely fold the river. I call the turn but since the flush arrived (and 97 made a straight) ON THE TURN AND HE CONTINUED FIRING, THERE JUST AREN'T ENOUGH HANDS YOU BEAT.

What would you do if river was an ace or jack and he made the same bet?
    Then why do you call turn?
  • Flop is fine, but you could bet like $50. Calling the raise on the flop is pretty standard. This type of raise is often top pair or a draw. On the turn when he bets small, I think his range is a lot of hands like JT-AJ, some draws. I think he almost never has a set or two pair here, given his small bet sizing on the flop and turn. On the river, I'm just folding. Villain has fired three streets and I would have to give him credit for two pair plus here.

I don't usually read the other posts before responding either, but I saw a few responses skimming as I was posting. You guys that are advocating a fold on the turn because we beat nothing are insane. Calling the turn and folding the river is also more than acceptable in live poker. Like Bart says, the fact that villain bets another street is change enough.
  • BigOwl said
    DavidLarson said

I definitely fold the river. I call the turn but since the flush arrived (and 97 made a straight) ON THE TURN AND HE CONTINUED FIRING, THERE JUST AREN'T ENOUGH HANDS YOU BEAT.

Then why do you call turn?

I call the turn because on the turn I have 8 outs to the nut flush. and I'm getting 3.65:1 in direct odds on a call. I fold the river because most villains at this level don't bluff a second time when the first bet got called.
  • El_JefecitoEl_Jefecito Posts: 119Subscriber, Professional
    fishcake said

Flop is fine, but you could bet like $50. Calling the raise on the flop is pretty standard. This type of raise is often top pair or a draw. On the turn when he bets small, I think his range is a lot of hands like JT-AJ, some draws. I think he almost never has a set or two pair here, given his small bet sizing on the flop and turn

Personally this flop bet is pretty standard, anywhere from $40-$50 I don't really see an issue there. But why do you think villain doesn't have a set or two pair in his range? I think I would still bet / fold turn here if I was holding a set or two pair , wouldn't you?
  • drew5harkdrew5hark Posts: 579Subscriber
    Played a similar hand against a thinking opponent...How is it any different if villain check called flop and turn and bombed river...In my hand w AJ, the flop was J64 rainbow..Turn was 9 with a back door FD now and river an off suit 8...I bet flop and turn and folded river...Seems nearly as strong and is usually 2 pr + here.
  • Joe M said
    fishcake said

Flop is fine, but you could bet like $50. Calling the raise on the flop is pretty standard. This type of raise is often top pair or a draw. On the turn when he bets small, I think his range is a lot of hands like JT-AJ, some draws. I think he almost never has a set or two pair here, given his small bet sizing on the flop and turn

Personally this flop bet is pretty standard, anywhere from $40-$50 I don't really see an issue there. But why do you think villain doesn't have a set or two pair in his range? I think I would still bet / fold turn here if I was holding a set or two pair , wouldn't you?
    Pretty confused by your response. I said the flop bet was fine and isn't an issue. We don't get to bet/fold the turn, as villain lead into us. Villain doesn't have a set or two pair based on the bet sizing, IMO. He could have a flush or hit two pair on the river, though. Hand is a bit strange.