Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

The Crush Live PLO Podcast No.3: Adjusting To Aggression

CLP_CraigCLP_Craig Posts: 774Administrator
edited December 2014 in Crush Live PLO podcast
Don talks about how to adjust to aggressive villains and uses a few hand examples he played recently where he took a non-standard line to exploit the looseness of the specific villains in the hand.

Episode posts at 2PM ET

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/adjusting-to-aggression

Comments

• PocketAceTrader782PocketAceTrader782 Posts: 441Subscriber
    I really like this format. Actually, I would really like to see this as a weekly podcast. And maybe a video every 3 weeks still. Actually wouldn't mind a weekly podcast replacing the video for a lot of the reasons Don mentioned at the beginning.

Great Podcast Don.

• CalgaryPokerGuyCalgaryPokerGuy Posts: 342Subscriber
    Awesome podcast, this "hands from a PLO cash game" style is great, I enjoy hearing the thought process from beginning to end - useful to any learning PLO player. The only thing I would skip is the final recap of each hand as it's repetitive, takes time, and you could squeeze in another hand instead. (We can always play rewind if we missed something)

Looking forward to the next one! Thanks,

Pete.
  • TerpHimselfTerpHimself Posts: 328Subscriber
    Don is right, he's kinda handcuffed by the hands he has via Live at the Bike. Here he can pick and choose hands he's played from his perspective and address. Fist pump fire up the iPod when I saw this podcast.

For future pods, would love to hear more how you play different types of KKxx or to a lesser extent QQxx hands. I think playing strong KK hands are the weakest part of my game right now.
  • chilidogchilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    Were the "splashy rec players" from O11 named Mac and and Malek?
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    Thanks for the comments guys! Will definitely skip the hand recap next time.

Briefly, KK and QQ should just be treated as top set mining hands for the most part in multiway flops since having "just an overpair" isn't nearly as valuable in PLO as in NLHE. Unless you flop other stuff to go with it of course.

chilidog you should know better than to ask a question like that, but no to both.