Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Challenge: Eradicate Entitlement Tilt

CajunDragonCajunDragon Posts: 173Member
edited October 2014 in Poker Goals and Challenges
Here is a prime example of what Jared Tendler calls entitlement tilt! I didn't think it really effected me but I was wrong (as usual!!).

After not being dealt a decent starting hand for hours at 1-2 MGM, I pick up K K UTG+1. I thought I was calm and logical but apparently what was going on in my brain was: "Yes!! I'm finally dealt KK and I damn sure going to win a big pot regardless of the board or players actions"

Anyway, I raise to $15 and get 2 callers. The board comes out 2 :s: 9 :s: J I bet $40 and both players call. The next card was a J :s:
I hated that card.. Without thinking I angrily shipped the rest of my $150 stack in. That was the single worse card that I could of seen and that bet is only getting snapped off by trips or a flush. Vs these particular opponents who play face up and honestly it's just a check fold. I know this but was tired of being drawn out on multiple times over the last few days. Now that I'm aware of it, maybe I'll stop lighting money on fire!

Geoff

Comments

• BigLarryBigLarry Posts: 86Subscriber
    Obviously it's a check/fold on turn. Also, considering your stack I think you should bet less on flop ($25) to set stacks up properly.

Larry
  • neverlearn2neverlearn2 Posts: 2,862Subscriber
    yea entitlement tilt is bad and something i never really thought of til read his book. Its funny now I can see certain spots especially when playing 1/2 where i could kind of see myself tilting.

• chilidogchilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    I think quitting poorly (a tommy Angelo concept) , and entitlement tilt are two of my major leaks. I am a competitive person and acknowledging that I'm losing to terrible players is sometimes really difficult for me. I understand the math and statistics of poker (engineer by trade), but I know that many times I feel that I deserve to win vs certain players , which is obv not true.

Poker is not chess -- the best player does not always win. He/she will win more frequently , but definitely not always or poker wouldn't exist (at least in its present form).

This is a concept that I know intellectually, but need to do a better job of internalizing and accepting it.
    Thanked by 2BigLarry 19ki
  • CajunDragonCajunDragon Posts: 173Member
    Hi Larry... I tend to bet more on really drawy boards because well. 1-2 players call and if they are going to pay an improper price to draw then why not let them? I just have to be fully able and willing to fold when the draw(s) come in. One of my leaks I used to exhibit was not betting enough with my big value hands because I was thinking more 'protection' then value but I mean I'm playing a 100BB cap game (most of the time) so now I go for the gusto. I redeemed my self in my last few sessions. Folded when behind, pounded them when ahead.
    BigLarry wrote:
    Obviously it's a check/fold on turn. Also, considering your stack I think you should bet less on flop ($25) to set stacks up properly.

Larry
    Thanked by 1BigLarry