Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Call-Ins No.4: Aesah's Silky Grab Bag

CLP_CraigCLP_Craig Posts: 776Administrator
edited September 2014 in Crush Live Call Ins podcast
Don "Aesah" Ding fills in, and discusses a weird home game spot, a tough short stack spot, calculating equity, hand-reading vs old man coffee.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/aesahs-silky-grab-bag
Tagged:

Comments

• workinghardworkinghard Posts: 1,573Subscriber
    Thanks for answering my question anout adding 15/30 limit O8 to my game. It sounds like you feel the expected win rate is about the same as 3/5 NLHE. I feel its worth learning both because the games can be good and it will help me to transition to PLO someday. I'll do some study on the side and gauge how I feel about it.
  • AdministratorAdministrator Posts: 747Administrator
    I feel obligated to note: zero technical problems with the show :tu:
  • Notilt99Notilt99 Posts: 6Member
    I liked the show but I would call the river in the second callers spot with QQ.
  • totsdtftotsdtf Posts: 156Subscriber
    san diego a good place to play live poker for a living?
  • neverlearn2neverlearn2 Posts: 2,862Subscriber
    good podcast actually past few podcasts in general have been pretty good.
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for answering my question anout adding 15/30 limit O8 to my game. It sounds like you feel the expected win rate is about the same as 3/5 NLHE. I feel its worth learning both because the games can be good and it will help me to transition to PLO someday. I'll do some study on the side and gauge how I feel about it.

I don't think it will help you that much in PLO tbh. Really the only similarity is that you're physically holding 4 cards, NLHE is probably closer if we could somehow quantify similarity
    Notilt99 wrote:
    I liked the show but I would call the river in the second callers spot with QQ.

what range do you put villain on
    totsdtf wrote:

I think if you are willing to play big (10/20+) it is reasonably above average, otherwise it is far, far, far below average.
    good podcast actually past few podcasts in general have been pretty good.

thanks!

• totsdtftotsdtf Posts: 156Subscriber
    Aesah wrote:
    totsdtf wrote:

I think if you are willing to play big (10/20+) it is reasonably above average, otherwise it is far, far, far below average.

cool. so it doesn't compare to L.A.