Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Under repping a hand against a super nit..

ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
I have a really really good image at my game. I have about 300-350 in front of me in a 2/3 100-300 buy in game.. its folded to me in the co and I raise to 13 with 9T clubs.. button and both blinds call. 56 in pot..

flop T 68 with two dias.. one spade.. checked to me and I bet 35.. both the sb and the bb call me and bb is uber nit at the table..

Turn 7 spades.. checked to me again and I bet 75.. sb folds and now bb nit min raises me to 150.. He has about 100 left so its either all in or fold.. J8 is the nuts and since I raised pre I am wondering if checking would have been better since my hand is so disguised.. This type of situation has happened a bunch of times to me and I have always wondered about calling off for at best is a chop?

lets get some ideas and then I will reveal what happened..

ww

Comments

• shmedshmed Posts: 321Subscriber
    I like your two barrel - I assume you two barrel as a c-bet as well sometimes and I think your hand is still quite disguised. Given stack sizes, I like shoving here, as there may also some sets in his range as well. Oh well if he has J9 but I don't think you are deep enough to consider folding here.

Since he's more or less committed you can consider checking and calling a shove on the river, or betting if he checks. However, I don't like this play as much as you might lose value if a scare card comes (e.g. FD or board pairs) and he makes a tight fold out a hand you beat (and it might be a tougher decision as he might get there if he had a combo diamond draw or a set).
  • Fish FryerFish Fryer Posts: 161Member
    wendy weissman said

I have a really really good image at my game. I have about 300-350 in front of me in a 2/3 100-300 buy in game.. its folded to me in the co and I raise to 13 with 9T clubs.. button and both blinds call. 56 in pot..

flop T 68 with two dias.. one spade.. checked to me and I bet 35.. both the sb and the bb call me and bb is uber nit at the table..

Turn 7 spades.. checked to me again and I bet 75.. sb folds and now bb nit min raises me to 150.. He has about 100 left so its either all in or fold.. J8 is the nuts and since I raised pre I am wondering if checking would have been better since my hand is so disguised.. This type of situation has happened a bunch of times to me and I have always wondered about calling off for at best is a chop?

lets get some ideas and then I will reveal what happened..

ww
    I would typically just shove here and if opponent has J9, good for them. Cooler hand if that happens. I think the problem with just calling the turn min-raise is that with such a wet board, there are too many cards that could come on the river that would cause a set/2p type hand to stop betting and a paired board makes us not want to bet. I'd be just as happy to get it in now.
  • MikeMike Posts: 371Member
    In spots like this i like to just call the turn bet and never fold on the river. With his raise on the turn i dont really see him having anything else besides the straight here. If you just call you might get him off a chop if a scare card comes on the river andi just dont see them raising the turn on a 1 liner that often without having it.