Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 NL turn the nuts

UTG+1 limps. I raise to $25 with A3hh UTG+2. 2 callers. Flop 986hh. One check. I bet $50. One call, UTG+1 now check raises to $150 total. I call. Other guy folds. Turn Qh. How much do you bet here? About $700 effective behind. We definitely want to get called by sets and two pairs.

Comments

• WillWayWillWay Posts: 35Member
    Hey FC since the pot is around $240, I would bet around $155 if he checks, and if he makes a similar bet maybe 150-180 range you can click it back to see if he will reraise/get it in since he is heavily weighted towards flush/straight combos. Was the 89 in hearts specifically? The JTh is the only winning combo, which we aren't worried about. If he thinks we are four-flushed on the turn, I think he will get it in to keep his lower flush/straight from the river counterfeit. Great spot to be in for sure.
  • CucciaCuccia Posts: 5Member
    WillWay said

Hey FC since the pot is around $240, I would bet around $155 if he checks, and if he makes a similar bet maybe 150-180 range you can click it back to see if he will reraise/get it in since he is heavily weighted towards flush/straight combos. Was the 89 in hearts specifically? The JTh is the only winning combo, which we aren't worried about. If he thinks we are four-flushed on the turn, I think he will get it in to keep his lower flush/straight from the river counterfeit. Great spot to be in for sure.
    Pot is 425. Villain c/r to 150 total so thats 300 right there and the flop call/folder put in 50 so 350 went in on flop, plus 25*3 pre for total of 425.

I'm basically gonna size based on trying to get stacks in comfortably by the river, so I'm looking at something like 200-250. This would leave 450-500 to shove into a pot of 825-925. Personally I like going bigger just because it makes it harder for them to fold river and most villains aren't gonna fold sets/two pairs on the turn very often.

Also forgot to mention this, might be nitty, but I'm usually mucking this pre, is opening this from EP standard for you?
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
    So this is a special situation that with the nut flush getting a lot of action on the flop I am just going to get it in. reraise him .. don't play tricky.. he most likely has a min of two pair and you dont want a scare card to come to lose the rest of his stack..
    Cuccia said
    WillWay said

Pot is 425. Villain c/r to 150 total so thats 300 right there and the flop call/folder put in 50 so 350 went in on flop, plus 25*3 pre for total of 425.

I'm basically gonna size based on trying to get stacks in comfortably by the river, so I'm looking at something like 200-250. This would leave 450-500 to shove into a pot of 825-925. Personally I like going bigger just because it makes it harder for them to fold river and most villains aren't gonna fold sets/two pairs on the turn very often.

Also forgot to mention this, might be nitty, but I'm usually mucking this pre, is opening this from EP standard for you?
    depending on stack sizes I dont think raising with Ax suited is bad.. they certainly seem deep enough to do this. I especially like raising when there are players behind me that would raise a limp for more than my raise but will only call my raise.. I played alot during the wsop and there many times you get players who habitually raise in pos to like 5 or 6x.. but will only call my 3 or 4x raise.. therefore I accomplish three things, a) I have a disquised hand range b) I block the raise size to what I want and c) because they call I can narrow their range to hands that dont include AA-JJ+

Also many times players call raisers with suited connecting cards and if they just happen to also flop a flush I can get their whole stack on the flop.. I would just four bet all in. I am getting a call from pretty much 2 pair plus because many villains will put me on overpair and flush draw..

h
  • eselspieleselspiel Posts: 115Subscriber
    Maybe I'm playing the whole hand too passively, but at 1/2NL I think I would just limp along. I don't want to fold out any suited combos and diminish my chances of over flushing.
    On the flop, with two players I check behind and bet any turn if checked to again. This board hits the range of folks who limp/call PF. I have a decent draw, and would hate the check raise.
    Basic philosphy with this implird odds hand would be keep the pot small until I hit and hope someone also haas a hand they are willing to go with. At the lower levels, because you're not going to hit often and folks don't like to fold, it seemsto me the investment PF and on the flop just cost you $$$
    Thoughts?
    Thanks
    ES
  • I'd probably bet between $270-$300 with oversized chips if possible (spikes the pot allows the opponent to count pot size easier). If you use all small chips he may have not have a clue about how big the pot is on the river.

As a side note I am in the camp of usually limping these types of hands from up front to start a cascade effect in a loose game. I am usually limp folding to a raise but occasionally you can throw in a limp reraise bluff if the situation is right.

Bart
  • WillWayWillWay Posts: 35Member
    Yikes Cuccia! My 'caccalator' was broke...promise not to post when sleepy anymore lol....Thanks for the correctionSmile
  • Hey guys, been busy and in Vegas but now I'll get to some responses.

This 2/5 game was fairly deep stacked and full of passive players who almost never 3bet. Additionally, it's in California and the rake is 4+1. I dislike over limping less than three opponents in California games for rake purposes. I also really dislike limping and folding to a raise. A limp re-raise is a much more viable option. As for post flop, I could check this given that it smashes calling ranges, yes. However, my hand can stand a flop raise, especially against opponents who raise too little.
    I just realized you didnt flop the nut flush but turned it. Did villain bet turn? I would definitely raise to an amount where you can get his stack on river.. If he has a set he might just ship it not putting you on a flush..

h
  • Villain did check the turn.
  • Results: I bet $250 on the turn, villain instantly moved all in with K6hh, and gets stacked.