Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Hero folding trips on RI can I call?

SharkShark Posts: 108Subscriber
8handed 5/5€ game
V is a young german neoNit (coming from on online background but alway showing sets in showdowns) he opens to 20
Hero BTN flat KTss
Flop TT6 rainbow
V Check/Call 30
Turn 4s V check raises 100 to 300
Hero calls
RI 5o
V shoves 1k
Hero folds

Comments

• irwinbetirwinbet Posts: 408Subscriber
    What position was the "neoNit" raising from? How deep are you?
    I think if you're going to fold trip tens on a board like this then you probably shouldn't be calling pre vs this opponent.
  • SharkShark Posts: 108Subscriber
    irwinbet wrote: »
    What position was the "neoNit" raising from? How deep are you?
    I think if you're going to fold trip tens on a board like this then you probably shouldn't be calling pre vs this opponent.
    We are 2k eff. V opens in HJ
  • 3BBRC3BBRC Posts: 33Subscriber
    Too high up. Gotta put the money in. We can’t just call with AT and 66. Sometimes he will have a weaker T (unlikely but it’s live 5/5) and sometimes he will have a bluff.
  • cruxcrux Posts: 119Subscriber
    Do you remember suits on the flop? I think that could be important if the backdoor spade draw came in on the turn.

What is V check/calling the flop and then raising turn with? Shouldn't be 44. I guess it could be 66, but I would think there would be no reason for him to raise that turn to overbet river..

The nut-hand that seems most likely that could play this way on flop and turn would be 78 :s:, especially if there was a spade on flop. Call with gutshot on flop, OESD and flush draw on turn, and makes the disguised nuts on river. But, that's one combo.

I feel like this is a bit of a crying call as you should be good here a fair amount, and V could have a lot of missed draws or lesser Tx that show up here. I think that a good online player would be able to make this bet as a bluff.