Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video No. 268: Art of Bluff Catching Part 3

Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,115Administrator, LeadPro
Part 3 of Bluff Catching rivers examines several hands where it makes sense to bluff catch and other spots where it is clear that bluff catching will be a losing play.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/the-art-of-bluff-catching-rivers-part-3

Episode posts at 2PM ET
Tagged:

Comments

• fishcakefishcake Posts: 1,002Subscriber
    I'm glad you retracted your statement that hand 1 is a "trivial call" on the river, Bart. I actually thought it was a fold when I saw it. I'm not saying I make the fold every time in game but it is a fold. In order for us to be good here villain would have had to overlimp a suited broadway and take this line. That's asking a lot. You also mentioned hands like overpairs. But villain would have had to overlimp that, not limp raise pre and take this line post? Extremely unlikely. We lose to all straights and all sets which are all reasonable from villain. I'd bet anything we are not good here enough to make this call.
  • Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,115Administrator, LeadPro
    edited October 2016
    fishcake wrote: »
    I'm glad you retracted your statement that hand 1 is a "trivial call" on the river, Bart. I actually thought it was a fold when I saw it. I'm not saying I make the fold every time in game but it is a fold. In order for us to be good here villain would have had to overlimp a suited broadway and take this line. That's asking a lot. You also mentioned hands like overpairs. But villain would have had to overlimp that, not limp raise pre and take this line post? Extremely unlikely. We lose to all straights and all sets which are all reasonable from villain. I'd bet anything we are not good here enough to make this call.

I remember that the AJ was getting some pretty good pot odds on the river..like 4-1? I think I'm calling a lot with those odds given the check check on turn.