Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

1000th Post - Use your head (Bart Edit--Politics/Election rants go here)

BananaStandBananaStand Posts: 1,455Troll
edited October 2016 in Low Content Forum
I'm generally pretty level headed and cool at the poker table, but one thing that does tilt me badly is politics. And this year is extraordinarily bad. The lying, mudslinging, spin, bias, and sensational attacks have overshadowed the real issues. And it's a problem.

So this is just a public appeal for everyone to use their head and filter through all the noise when you vote this year. This isn't meant to be an endorsement or campaigning for any particular candidate, though I can't promise that my leanings won't show through. My intention here is to appeal to the common sense of the American people.

If you know the difference between playing poker at a table with 8 other guys, and playing poker at a table with 7 other guys and one woman, then you know that Donald Trump's 'hot mic' comments are far from the most misogynistic thing uttered by a man. If you take those comments as anything other than hyperbole, you're not using your head.

If you think Hillary Clinton will ever mis-manage a piece of classified material again in her life. You're not using your head.

If you think Donald Trump never made sexual advances on a woman that could be interpreted as harassment or worse, you're not using your head.

Bill Clinton did it too. And if you think Hillary wasn't complicit in the character assassination of Bill's victims, you're not using your head.

If you think that Donald Trump, as successful as he is, really believes that all mexicans are rapists, then you're not using your head.

If you think that a wall is going to stop illegal immigration, you're not using your head.

If you waste your vote supporting unrealistic ideologies just because they are anchors of your party's platform, then you're not using your heads. Hey Dems, guns are here to stay. Hey GOP, abortions are gonna be legal forever. Both of you get over it and move on to something else.

We are losing badly in global economics.
Factions that seek our destruction are growing in power in the middle east.
Immigrants and Refugees pose serious health, economic, and security concerns.
The police are not trusted in this country.
Our healthcare system is retarded
Kids are fatter, dumber, and more addicted to pills and gadgets than ever.
Dangerous drugs are creating areas of major crisis throughout the country.
Violent crime is trending in the wrong direction.

But if you ignore all that and are swayed by Trumps hitting on married women, then you seriously under appreciate how special and important our right to vote is. If you'll ignore an entire political agenda because you think Hillary 'cheated' to beat Bernie Sanders, then I think the country will be better served if you just stay home this November.

Ask yourself, how will each candidate address the important issues. And then make your decision based on policy, not on gossip.

Do not let the media run our political system. The coordinated efforts by the media to support certain candidate(s) is precisely the type of behavior that the first amendment was meant to PREVENT. You only make it worse by echoing the irrelevant rhetoric that bellows from the mainstream media.

Rise above the noise and think for yourself. Your country needs you.

Comments

• Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,111Administrator, LeadPro
    edited October 2016
    I'm not a a supporter of conspiracy theories in the least, but I think that one of the biggest stories that comes out of this election cycle is the fact that the Russians under Putin are trying to rig our national results. And that is the rhetoric coming from the democrats--and I generally hate democrats--but I whole heartily believe it.

What a lot of people don't understand about our presidential election process is that the president is elected by the electoral college whose electors are elected by a winner take all system in each state. That means that if the KGB can fu*k with the results in Montpelier, Carson City, Juneau, etc or any other small state capital, they have an incredible influence. And those small states don't have the resources to fight international hackers like the CIA or the FBI at the federal level.

Just look at the 2000 election and how 1000 votes in Florida swung the entire election.

I dislike both candidates, but I am reasonable and would never want Trump in office. Also its obvious that Gary Johnson is a joke. But what I am really concerned about is the integrity of out national elections moving forward and how a strong foreign power could influence them. Its crazy to think that hostility between the USA and Russia has reached cold war levels but its getting really close and its scary.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/12/politics/us-russia-tensions-cold-war/
    Thanked by 1Thehammah
  • BananaStandBananaStand Posts: 1,455Troll
    edited October 2016
    I'm not saying the Russians are sitting on their thumbs, but there's no way they are responsible for all the things they are getting blamed for. They're definitely being scapegoated to some degree. Also, when it comes to cyber-crime, it's not *just* the Russians.

I think "rig" is kind of a strong word Bart. I think the DNC is the one who "rigged" the primary for Hillary. The russians just told you about it.

Also, Montpelier is probably safe. I'm pretty sure cows don't use the internet.
  • CycleVCycleV Posts: 1,196Subscriber
    Bart wrote: »
    I generally hate democrats

This in a nutshell sums up your country and is partly responsible for the mess it's in. Why anyone would "generally hate" practically half the country, simply b/c they believe different things than you.... Even if your turn of phrase was said only semi-seriously....never mind, I'm gonna get depressed if I think about this too much.

To be fair, many countries are struggling with extremism in different forms. The whole fucking world needs to depolarize its range.

• pokertimepokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    Any man that talks about women like that is a sexist no matter where it is or how many men may fit that bill. They have no business even being a boss let alone the president. I've especially enjoyed the athletes coming out saying the term "locker room talk" is demeaning to them as that is not as common as Trump wants you to think and plenty of athletes are good people that don't want to be associated with a nut case. Yes their are bad athletes but it doesn't make that the norm.

That may be how rich white men talk in the country club locker room but it's not all locker rooms. And seriously, Trump looks like a human cheese log. When is the last time he could have possible been in a locker room? Personally I've found the guys that talk the most about sex are getting it the least and need to compensate with big shot talk.

My friends and I have more important things to discuss like what's the line on Appalachian State and what the hell do the Cowboys think they are doing with Romo. You know. Real man stuff

:cool:
    Thanked by 1Thehammah
  • doubletapdoubletap Posts: 166Subscriber
    hey pokertime, whats worse someone who talks about women, or someone who rapes women. bill clinton is a rapist, and hillary was laughing about getting a rapist off, get your fucking head out of your ass
  • RogerHardyRogerHardy Posts: 794Subscriber
    One minor note: 2 states - Maine and Nebraska - offer the possibility of splitting their electoral vote. Each state gives the winner of the state overall their 2 electoral votes that represent their allocation from the Senate. However , for their allocation of their electoral votes from the House (2 for Maine, 3 for Nebraska), each state gives the winner of each house district one electoral vote.

Right now Maine is polling such that Clinton is ahead overall in the state (so 2 electoral viotes); and she is way ahead Maine House District 1 (worth one more electoral); but slightly behind in Maine 2nd district, which would go to Trump. So Hillary could win Maine 3-1.

Same for Nebraska although right now Trump is ahead across the board.

If you really want a lesson in the electoral college and how Evan McMullin of Utah could actually become president see:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-evan-mcmullin-could-win-utah-and-the-presidency/
    edited October 2016
    One minor note: 2 states - Maine and Nebraska - offer the possibility of splitting their electoral vote. Each state gives the winner of the state overall their 2 electoral votes that represent their allocation from the Senate. However , for their allocation of their electoral votes from the House (2 for Maine, 3 for Nebraska), each state gives the winner of each house district one electoral vote.

Right now Maine is polling such that Clinton is ahead overall in the state (so 2 electoral viotes); and she is way ahead Maine House District 1 (worth one more electoral); but slightly behind in Maine 2nd district, which would go to Trump. So Hillary could win Maine 3-1.

Same for Nebraska although right now Trump is ahead across the board.

If you really want a lesson in the electoral college and how Evan McMullin of Utah could actually become president see:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-evan-mcmullin-could-win-utah-and-the-presidency/

Ah yes, I knew there were a couple of spots that don't do winner take all.

Anyone who think our physical voting process is advanced is very naive. There was just a story on Pennsylvania on NBC news tonight about how they have no back up paper trail of many votes in large counties and it would be impossible for them to do a recount if close.

Again for those of you that are unfamiliar with the system usually the Secretary of State for each state verifies the count. In 2000 there was a pretty big conflict of interest in Florida with the butterfly ballot scandal. The final word on the results and Secretary of State of Florida was someone related to a Bush. Like one of the lesser known brothers wives or something. And that decision in those counties where Buchanan was the listed at the top of the ballot (and people voting incorrectly) determined the fate of the national election.

Why would the Russians go after federal institutions when State and local governments are so much easier targets and in an election have this much influence?

• chilidogchilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    -All the way with LBJ
    edited October 2016
    doubletap wrote: »
    hey pokertime, whats worse someone who talks about women, or someone who rapes women. bill clinton is a rapist, and hillary was laughing about getting a rapist off, get your fucking head out of your ass

Very well thought out and presented. I was talking about Trump. Please to point out where I actaully said the Clintons where saints and have never done anything wrong. Yours is the head that may want to dislodge from thine's ass.

1. Bill is not running for president. I'm not sure how his past transgressions have anything to do with Hilary running. Blame the legal system if he wasn't convicted.

2. It's amazing you actually want to argue about who's the real rapist when comparing sexist pigs like Bill and Trump. An attempted rapist/pediophile is better? Both their actions are despicable and demonstrate they are/were unfit to be leaders. I have never supported Bill, didn't vote for him and said from day one he seemed creepy. I was quickly proven correct.

3. A 27 year old lawyer was assigned by the court to defend a scum bag, then 10 years later was heard laughing during a discussion about the case, the recording of which wasn't even brought to light until 30 years after it was recorded and you can now prove 30+ years after the recording and 40+ years after the original case exactly what her thoughts were and what she was laughing at in said recording? Trumps tweets from just the last 2 weeks are more incriminating than that.

4. Your claim has been fairly well debunked by reputable sources though you may not receive those transmissions through your tin foil hat.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/05/19/did-clinton-laugh-about-a-rapists-light-sentence-and-attack-sexual-harassment-victims/

She is very clearly laughing about the absurdities of the legal system and not the rape itself.
    Thanked by 1Thehammah
  • workinghardworkinghard Posts: 1,573Subscriber
    I'm voting that we apologize to Britain for running away and see if they will take us back.
    Thanked by 1Thehammah
    I'm voting that we apologize to Britain for running away and see if they will take us back.

They did dump Europe after all and are probably just siting at home waiting for us to call.
    chilidog wrote: »
    -All the way with LBJ

We all know he killed Kennedy. He smiled after he took the oath of office.
    Thanked by 1Thehammah
    pokertime wrote: »
    -All the way with LBJ

What about Thomas Dewey?
    -All the way with LBJ

What about Thomas Dewey?

He was a secret mole for the mob. Alex Jones told me the the movie The Departed is actually based on Deweys life and the paper declaring him the winner of the election was real. Members of the Bohemian Grove quickly arranged for acid to be put into the countries water supply while they changed the elections results so their MK ULTRA operative Truman could be president and no one remembered.

At least I think that's what you meant....... :???:
  • squishmytomatosquishmytomato Posts: 352Subscriber, Professional
    wut is happening here did i accidentally click on facebook
    wut is happening here did i accidentally click on facebook

Above Top Secret. We've played right into their hands.
  • BananaStandBananaStand Posts: 1,455Troll
    So this pokertime v doubletap situation is exactly the kind of clouded exchange of information I was talking about. Sorry guys, nothing personal.

Neither candidate got this far on their looks. They've spent the last two years fending off every ambitious political opponent, every smear motivated reporter, every high priced lawyer, and anything else the public could throw at them and got their names on the ballot in the election for president of the united states. They are both extremely fit for office

If you think otherwise, you simply don't understand success.

@pokertime, I agree with you somewhat about Bill. "blame the legal system if he wasn't convicted". But would you also agree that we should "blame the tax code" for Trump's billion dollar deduction? Surely you see the hypocrisy here. My problem, is that the hypocrisy is allowed to become the mainstream narrative. And frankly, most Americans aren't smart enough to sort it out.

I do disagree with @pokertime though when it comes to Bills transgressions and how it relates to Hillary. She knew. She knew what was going on and she still went on television to call Jennifer Flowers "nothing more than a failed cabaret dancer" and went out of her way to defame, discredit, and destroy women who did nothing wrong. She helped destroy the lives of her husbands rape victims. You're out of your mind if you think you can say "bah, that was all Bill!"

But again, none of it really matters. Her name, and Trumps name are on teh ballot. Neither has a great track record of integrity, but you have to choose one. As contemptible as the thought is, one of them WILL be president. Let's please make sure that we as a country make that decisions based on the candidates policies, and not their personalities.

edited October 2016
    [img][/img]
    -All the way with LBJ

What about Thomas Dewey?

He was a secret mole for the mob. Alex Jones told me the the movie The Departed is actually based on Deweys life and the paper declaring him the winner of the election was real. Members of the Bohemian Grove quickly arranged for acid to be put into the countries water supply while they changed the elections results so their MK ULTRA operative Truman could be president and no one remembered.

At least I think that's what you meant....... :???:

Interesting read here: https://www.cnet.com/news/bush-wins-papers-for-sale-on-ebay/

I remember going out early morning, around 4am, the day after election day 2000. I picked up a copy of the Syracuse Post Standard which had the headline "Bush Wins" because the national media was saying that the election was not over, like earlier stated the night before.

If I remember correctly the 1948 election was miscalled because of poor exit polling techniques. Most of the polling was done via telephone and at that time families with telephones over represented higher incomes and swayed towards Dewey.

Who knows wtf happened in 2000 but it really would have been something if Gore had later won Florida and thus the general election.
  • FreeLunchFreeLunch Posts: 1,311Pro
    We have a choice between two horrible human beings, and a stoner. Im voting for the stoner. My reason is that this election shows we need a third party in the system. If Johnson gets more than 5% then the libertarian party gets federal matching funds in the next election.

The good news is that our system is pretty well designed to handle a shitty president - witness the last 8 years. Whoever gets elected there is likely very little that will get done in the next 4 years. As a Libertarianish, getting nothing done is pretty much the ideal, so its a win win.
    So this pokertime v doubletap situation is exactly the kind of clouded exchange of information I was talking about. Sorry guys, nothing personal.

Neither candidate got this far on their looks. They've spent the last two years fending off every ambitious political opponent, every smear motivated reporter, every high priced lawyer, and anything else the public could throw at them and got their names on the ballot in the election for president of the united states. They are both extremely fit for office

If you think otherwise, you simply don't understand success.

@pokertime, I agree with you somewhat about Bill. "blame the legal system if he wasn't convicted". But would you also agree that we should "blame the tax code" for Trump's billion dollar deduction? Surely you see the hypocrisy here. My problem, is that the hypocrisy is allowed to become the mainstream narrative. And frankly, most Americans aren't smart enough to sort it out.

I do disagree with @pokertime though when it comes to Bills transgressions and how it relates to Hillary. She knew. She knew what was going on and she still went on television to call Jennifer Flowers "nothing more than a failed cabaret dancer" and went out of her way to defame, discredit, and destroy women who did nothing wrong. She helped destroy the lives of her husbands rape victims. You're out of your mind if you think you can say "bah, that was all Bill!"

But again, none of it really matters. Her name, and Trumps name are on teh ballot. Neither has a great track record of integrity, but you have to choose one. As contemptible as the thought is, one of them WILL be president. Let's please make sure that we as a country make that decisions based on the candidates policies, and not their personalities.

Did I ever bring up Trump should pay more taxes or accuse him of being a tax dodger? Your just like double tap haveing the argument you want to have instead of dealing with the issue that was brought up. All I said was Trump is a sexist pig and people that act like that should not be leaders and the reply was "yea but Bill is a rapist". Not really an argument or valid point to what I said. He just wanted a reasson to spout his insane theory and possible assumed I supported Hilary.

Just like you "out of your mind" to assume I think Hilary wasn't involved discrediting Bill extramarital love interests. I never said that though I admit it was part of the article I linked however, I was linking it as a debunk of the Hilary laughed at rape insanity people are trying to spread.

As far as Hilary and Bills affairs......a women doesn't want to believe her husband is a cheater and publicly defends him. Shocking! I've never heard of such a story.....except for almost always. There is no way to explain why people act crazy when it comes to relationships, marriage and affairs and it really has nothing to do with the election. All these nuts jobs basically want to imply Hilary went out, found the women, brought them home, held them down for Bill to rape then acted as his defense in court to get him off rape charges. Please......

How can you possibly accuse me of a clouded exchange when I actaully explain things out and stick to the topic. The only cloud was double taps conservo burp. No facts, no proof just something Fox News tells you to yell about.