Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Offering online coaching

stayinschoolstayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
As many of you know I have spent the last few months playing only online poker. I actually got my start playing poker online playing on carbon where I ran up my first roll. The past few months I've been playing on bovada and things have gone quite well. I've spent a lot of time studying and I think I've learned a lot and for this reason I have decided to offer coaching specifically for online. I would like to preference this by saying that by no means am I an online wizard who has every spot figured out. I play far from perfect and i'm sure make many mistakes a session. However, I do think I play a very solid game and I have done well doing so. Getting coaching from me will be far from preparing you to tackle the toughest online games, however, I think a lot of live players struggle when first getting into online play and it is those people who I think I could really help. If you are just getting into online or have been playing for a while but struggle to maintain a solid, consistent win rate I do think I can help.

Sessions would most likely be done over Skype, unless you happen to live close enough where they can be done in person. I'll charge $50/hr, which I think is at, or bellow, my current online hourly and more than fair. I'm not doing this to make a lot of money, I just really enjoy talking poker and making new friends in poker and think coaching could be a lot of fun. Although making some variance free money as a college kid doesn't hurt.

Screen_Shot_2016_07_19_at_8_37_46_AM.png

Here are my win rates over the past few months at bovada. For some reasons the tracking software I use is in beta version and calculates BB/100 wrong. Multiply any BB/100 shown by 2 to find real win rate. You can see the error in the software if you do the math yourself. For example, at 200NL it say BB/100 is 5.54. It is actually 11.08bb/100. (Although I imagine this is a little bit of run good over 30K hands)

Only real significant samples are at 100NL and 200NL. I do think I beat the higher games, and quite well, however have run bad over a small sample. I understand that ~110k hands is not the biggest sample in online terms but I do think results show that I am at least beating the games at a decent rate.

Obviously I don't want to trick anyone into paying for coaching that isn't worth it, I know I am relatively new to poker compared to a lot of you, however I have a lot of faith in my game. Feel free to ask any questions.
Tagged:

Comments

• MikeGMikeG Posts: 989Subscriber
    Here are my win rates over the past few months at bovada. For some reasons the tracking software I use is in beta version and calculates BB/100 wrong. Multiply any BB/100 shown by 2 to find real win rate. You can see the error in the software if you do the math yourself. For example, at 200NL it say BB/100 is 5.54. It is actually 11.08bb/100. (Although I imagine this is a little bit of run good over 30K hands)

It's not wrong, it's just not what you're used to as a NL player. Software programs like this calculate BB/100 (Note the capitalization) which stands for Big Bets (in limit hold'em, a 1-2 game has $4 big bets, which is why all of the numbers appear to you to be half of what they should be), where you're used to bb/100 (note lowercase) which stands for big blinds.
  • stayinschoolstayinschool Posts: 2,969Subscriber
    MikeG wrote: »

It's not wrong, it's just not what you're used to as a NL player. Software programs like this calculate BB/100 (Note the capitalization) which stands for Big Bets (in limit hold'em, a 1-2 game has $4 big bets, which is why all of the numbers appear to you to be half of what they should be), where you're used to bb/100 (note lowercase) which stands for big blinds.

Ahh i see. Thanks for clarification.
  • Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,111Administrator, LeadPro
    MikeG wrote: »

You youngsters don't remember "Poker Tracker Big Blinds"?

https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/tutorials/bb100-versus-bb100

Jack7777 wrote: »

@jack7777 are you on mac or PC
  • Jack7777Jack7777 Posts: 655Subscriber

a mac

a mac

This was done using a program call pokeit, which is the only mac option for bovada as far as I know. You can also just download bootcamp and run windows, which is what i'll probably be doing soon
  • Jack7777Jack7777 Posts: 655Subscriber

a mac

This was done using a program call pokeit, which is the only mac option for bovada as far as I know. You can also just download bootcamp and run windows, which is what i'll probably be doing soon
    Thank you.

• FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,575Subscriber
    I put it in an excel spreadsheet
    BTW if anyone is unsure about if they would like coaching feel free to send me 2-3 hands and i'll look over them and we can talk about them to see if you like how I would coach