Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Podcast No. 189: Sunday Session Leads to River Review

Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,181Administrator, LeadPro
This week Bart covers some hands that he played in a recent Sunday afternoon session and examines river bet sizing options as it relates to his opponents' ranges.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/sunday-session-leads-to-river-review
Tagged:

Comments

• dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,065Subscriber
    @Bart, Hand #4 - JJ in a 3-Bet Pot at 34:10

Preflop, UTG opens to $35. Two field callers. SB calls. Hero in BB with JJ 3-bets to $315...

A couple questions:
    - First, you indicate you get two callers, but the pot was only $700 on the flop. Was that $315 sizing correct? Or was there only one caller?

- If your sizing was $315 (and the flop potsize was just off), why such a large sizing? With a value hand like JJ, I'd want to be sure I got called at least once. My normal sizing would be like $185. That gives opponents a chance to make a mistake and call with inferior. Or are you assuming $315 looks "squeezy" and will get looked up?

Then again, you got two callers, so that sizing couldn't be that bad... ;-)
  • Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,181Administrator, LeadPro
    Sizing was $215. Not sure if you misheard or I misspoke but the math later on discussed reference this amount as the pot is about $700 on flop vs 2 players.
    Thanked by 1dpbuck
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,065Subscriber
    Thanks @Bart. Maybe I misheard...
  • MasonIsAClownMasonIsAClown Posts: 102Subscriber, Professional
    This was very informative and the hands were all pretty interesting for discussion but this type of format tends to make the podcast so dry that I struggle to get through it in one sitting. Still very well done but I would appreciate a bit of change of pace in there somewhere.
  • Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,181Administrator, LeadPro
    This was very informative and the hands were all pretty interesting for discussion but this type of format tends to make the podcast so dry that I struggle to get through it in one sitting. Still very well done but I would appreciate a bit of change of pace in there somewhere.

Are you talking about the pseudo shotgun format?