Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video No.234: Poker Night In America -- Thunder Valley Part 3

Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,152Administrator, LeadPro
This week Bart does another shotgun review of the hands that he played on Day 2 of PNIA Thunder Valley. In the game were two very wealthy venture capitalists, causing multiple straddles and adding action.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/poker-night-in-america-thunder-valley-part-3

Episode posts at 2pm ET.
Tagged:

Comments

• rscat1rscat1 Posts: 17Subscriber
    Bart in the monster hand vs VC, if he decides to flat that turn (I guess he'd have to have another 5K behind for this hypothetical to make sense but say he does), do you call his river shove on the flush filling river? If he checks to you (not that he would with quads) would you check back the river on a club? on a non club?
    Thanked by 1FaithKlim
  • fishcakefishcake Posts: 1,002Subscriber
    Hey Bart, can you name one hand you beat on the A969T backdoor diamonds that bets the flop, checks the turn and bets the river? You need to be good 1/4.5 times, but how are you ever good?
  • PhilippPhilipp Posts: 55Subscriber
    Obviously you can never fold ak there! But as you said i def. think you made a preflop mistake there by not shoving or 4betting. After he cold calls from the blinds he mostly has small to medium pps that have alot of equity vs you but cant stand the heat of a 4 bet or allin.
    Plus vs these kind of hands you kind of have reversed implied odds because the hand plays very easy for him. He will just correctly fold on k and a high boards but it will be extremly difficult for you to fold top pair with ak in a 3 bet pot when he hits his set.
  • Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,152Administrator, LeadPro
    fishcake wrote: »
    Hey Bart, can you name one hand you beat on the A969T backdoor diamonds that bets the flop, checks the turn and bets the river? You need to be good 1/4.5 times, but how are you ever good?

With the spazz factor of some of these guys, its probably close. After seeing how straight forward JC played..most likely a fold, yes.

BTW name someone else at the table over those 3 days that was ever going to fold in that spot. Also you can see that I folded to Glantz trip queens hand plus there are some other large laydowns coming up in the future.

Bart
  • maphacksmaphacks Posts: 2,009Subscriber
    hey Bart,

the JTs hand against JC: what do you think about overbetting the turn here on KT7Q? I mean it is sooo unlikely he has better than one pair and I think he would fold a lot of Kx at least on the river. yes, it is expensive but I just can't imagine he calls down Kx when you overbet twice or overbet turn and slightly under pot OTR. also you have decent equity when called OTT by one pairs
  • Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,152Administrator, LeadPro
    maphacks wrote: »
    hey Bart,

the JTs hand against JC: what do you think about overbetting the turn here on KT7Q? I mean it is sooo unlikely he has better than one pair and I think he would fold a lot of Kx at least on the river. yes, it is expensive but I just can't imagine he calls down Kx when you overbet twice or overbet turn and slightly under pot OTR. also you have decent equity when called OTT by one pairs

Which hand was this? I vaguely remember this one but was this from this episode? I just looked at the time line markers and didnt see it.