Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video No.222: Exploiting your Opponents Tilt

CLP_CraigCLP_Craig Posts: 790Administrator
Exploiting your opponents Tilt by recognizing other players tilting and how to capitalize/adjust ranges and playing style to best capitalize on the opportunity

Episode Posts at 11 AM PST.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/exploiting-your-opponents-tilt
Tagged:

Comments

• JamesAlexanderJamesAlexander Posts: 1Subscriber
    Do some players try to put other players on tilt in order to exploit them?
    Thanked by 1DavidTuchman
  • AmurAmur Posts: 17Subscriber
    Great video,thank you ,David a LOT ! Poker it's a mental battle, everybody has tilt problem sometimes, to recognize it and take an advantage of tilting players or adjust yourself- it is a very valuable information in your video, it's priceless .
    Thanks again, I can not wait to see your next video about bluffing.
    Thanked by 1DavidTuchman
  • Mr.SpecialMr.Special Posts: 330Subscriber
    edited December 2015
    Hey David,

good video.

I feel something of interest is adjusting preflop ranges to tilting players all in shoves. In my games it realy often happens that somebody is tilting and she/he has lost a few buy ins and starts shoving often and super light for 50-80BBs pre.
    This reminds me a little of this thread, I started.

I feel there is a lot of money, when your are rolled properly, in calling these allins with a pretty wide, adjusted range.

Does this also happen in 5/5? I only see it in 2/2 and 2/4, but a lot.
  • StarwarsJediMasterStarwarsJediMaster Posts: 741Subscriber
    Great vid...
    Thanked by 1DavidTuchman
  • DavidTuchmanDavidTuchman Posts: 791Pro

I think some definitely do. I don't think this is normally a very good idea...

I'd rather have my opponents enjoy their experience. That said, there are some people that are just such assholes, it's kind of fun to try to tilt them.

Amur wrote: »
    Great video,thank you ,David a LOT ! Poker it's a mental battle, everybody has tilt problem sometimes, to recognize it and take an advantage of tilting players or adjust yourself- it is a very valuable information in your video, it's priceless .
    Thanks again, I can not wait to see your next video about bluffing.

Thanks Amur! Appreciate that....

I often try to look at my opponents and what they are doing. If they do something that is difficult to deal with, I want to make it part of my game.
    MrSpecial wrote: »
    Hey David,

good video.

I feel something of interest is adjusting preflop ranges to tilting players all in shoves. In my games it realy often happens that somebody is tilting and she/he has lost a few buy ins and starts shoving often and super light for 50-80BBs pre.
    This reminds me a little of this thread, I started.

I feel there is a lot of money, when your are rolled properly, in calling these allins with a pretty wide, adjusted range.

Does this also happen in 5/5? I only see it in 2/2 and 2/4, but a lot.

This happens at every level. Obviously, it'll happen more often at the lower levels, but I was in a 5/10 game literally last night where a guy was shoving $250-$350 blind.

adjusting your calling ranges is very important, but so is seat position. You really want to be on the Tilter's right. That way you can see what the entire table does before you can decide to call. If you're on his direct left, hands like KT become folds, but if you're last to act, I'm fist-pump getting it in with KT.
  • flyingtriangleflyingtriangle Posts: 101Subscriber

I think some definitely do. I don't think this is normally a very good idea...

I'd rather have my opponents enjoy their experience. That said, there are some people that are just such assholes, it's kind of fun to try to tilt them.

Not only is it fun, I'm of the opinion that needling asshole regs in the appropriate situations is majorly +EV. In addition to the possibility that you might put them on tilt, it can also help lighten the mood at the table (nothing kills the vibe at a good table faster than a grouchy reg criticizing the fish and complaining about bad beats) and encourage the other players to joke around a little and have a good time.

Really liked the video BTW.
    Thanked by 1DavidTuchman
    ^^ very true. If you can needle an asshole, get him on tilt and have the table laughing....you're WINNING!
  • baudib1baudib1 Posts: 218Subscriber
    Hey David, great video.

I want to note that not only is tilt a problem for these players, it's obvious that they have no sense of balance in their game. I.e., the guy who raises turns with draws but flats top 2. He's probably unbalanced even when he's not tilting.

To the poster who said that everyone has tilt problems, I'll tell you no, that's not true. Acting like tilt is an unavoidable problem that you just have to deal with from time to time is a massive leak. Learn why you tilt and combat it with logic and you'll play much better/consistently.
    Thanked by 1DavidTuchman
  • workinghardworkinghard Posts: 1,573Subscriber
    Worldclass commentary. Great material.
    Thanks WorkingHard ... I really appreciate that