Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video No.221: Looking at the board

CLP_CraigCLP_Craig Posts: 790Administrator
edited December 2015 in Crush Live Poker Videos
This week Bart examines different board textures and looks at the math of combinations.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/looking-at-the-board
Tagged:

Comments

• StarwarsJediMasterStarwarsJediMaster Posts: 741Subscriber
    bart great video, I wanted to give you a little input on how you explain how many combos are left by looking at our own hand and the board as I thought it could be confusing for others. The way that I do it is very easy

example: hero AA

board A K 5 how many combos of AK are possible for villain ? step1 I just look at how many A are left ? 1
    step2 I just look at how many K are left ? 3
    step3 I just multiply the two ? 1(A) * 3(K)=3(AK)
    also in the last hand I could be wrong I might have to watch it again and I probably will , but I think you said that he had 12 combos of KQ. board : 6c Kd 4s Qs isn't it 3K * 3Q = 9KQ . I might have missed it to but when ranging villain on that last hand you didn't include sets of(3combos) 66 and(3combos) 44, but I could be wrong
  • Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,152Administrator, LeadPro
    I think I said 9 combos of KQ multiple times but I might have misspoke at the end. I was trying to say 12 combos of any single paired hand with a card on board. But this multiplying cards left is very useful..I have struggles with combos on the fly. I will mention this in this weeks podcast for sure.

Bart
  • NeerajNeeraj Posts: 47Subscriber
    edited December 2015
    I agree with Jedi Master. There is an easier way to find out the number of combos without using cruncher. Just see the number of cards left - for example first hand with two tens and two jacks out , there are only two jacks and two tens remaining. So the number of J10's possible is 2x2 ( 2ways to select a 10 × 2 ways to select a J). For the next hand with AA in hand and K on the board there are two A's and three. K's remaining. So the number of Combos of AK are 2x3 =6, Similarly for the last hand with KQ on board there are 3 kings and 3 queens remaining so combos of KQ are 3x3 =9 . Combos of Kx are 3x4 ( 3 kings remaining x 4 Aces remaining for KA).

*The only thing to remember while doing this kind of multiplication is in cases of finding the number of pocket pairs remaining let say to calculate the number of combos of QQ preflop is not 4x3 (4 ways to select a Q and then 3 ways to select the second queen) This gives 12 combos of QQ which is wrong . There are only 6 combos of QQ. So in such cases we need to divide the result by 2. For example on a K high flop the number of pocket kings the oponent could have is not 3x2 = 6 but only 3 combos of pocket kings.

Great Video. Thanks.
    edited December 2015
    I found a article online for making it east to determine the combos of PP and the only # that you have to remember is :6310

ex. how many combos of AA are there ?

if you don't have a A in your hand and there is no A OTB there is = 6 combos

if there is one A present either in our own hand or OTB there is = 3 combos

if there's two A present ect....... = 1 combos

if there's three A present ect.........................................................= 0 combos
  • PokerDuderPokerDuder Posts: 58Subscriber
    This is in reference to the first hand. When bluff catching, do you ever use position as a factor? So in this case, the player with A8 is on the button.

A player in MP making that raise is much more believable since there's a player yet to act. But in this case, how much weight do you put into him being in position?

Also, I thought the full pot bet sizing looked like a player who didn't want to get called. I don't know what hand the Button thinks will call a pot-sized bet there on the river (if he was looking for a call). Do you agree and is that a factor here?

Thanks!