Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video No.213: Making Adjustments During a Session (part 2 of 3)

CLP_CraigCLP_Craig Posts: 777Administrator
Part 2 of 3, Tuck examines an entire session of Poker on Air to see what adjustments should be made by the players at the table.

Episode posts at 2PM ET.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/making-adjustments-during-a-session-part-2-of-3
Tagged:

Comments

• DavidTuchmanDavidTuchman Posts: 791Pro
    I'm having fun doing these and I really think they are quite valuable. If you guys are enjoying the "adjustments" video series, let me know and I might do more in the future.

Thanks

- Tuck
  • BrandueBrandue Posts: 1Subscriber
    Most 1-2 games play just like this video series. The game relies mostly on the luck factor and it's hard to get people to fold hands. It's very difficult to continue betting on every street when 5 people are always calling you down. They basically just want to gamble with any 2 cards.
  • AmurAmur Posts: 17Subscriber
    episode #231 is SUPER, I absolutely love it ! great comments and analyses . Player adjustments is the gold. Thanks a lot for a such great video. Please, make more videos about player adjustments and bet sizing tell. Alena
    Thanked by 1DavidTuchman
  • AmurAmur Posts: 17Subscriber
    Amur wrote: »
    episode #213 is SUPER, I absolutely love it ! great comments and analyses . Player adjustments is the gold. Thanks a lot for a such great video. Please, make more videos about player adjustments and bet sizing tell. Alena

Thanked by 1Bart Hanson
  • PocketAceTrader782PocketAceTrader782 Posts: 441Subscriber
    I really liked this video series Dave. Nice clear explanations on what adjustments to make based on what happened. Looking forward to Part 3.

Carmine
    Thanked by 1DavidTuchman
  • dominiceneadominicenea Posts: 9Subscriber, Professional
    Hey david good video. i play a 2 5 game with a buy in of 500 - 2k, so players are a little bit better. And a lot of the things you talk about on this video really apply to my game in a daily basis. A question that pop into my head when i was watching the video because i get stuck with this situation in my game way too often.
    on the last hand of the video, heros was in position with AQs and bet into two other players on a board of A:c: 2:c: 10:d:, he bet and one villain called.
    turn 9:c:
    you said you would bet on the turn if it was checked to you, and i do agree. you can definitely get value from worse and a little bit of hand protection in this spot. But what happened if the role is reversed? What if you are out of position? you bet the flop as the pre flop raiser and you cbet the flop and same villain called. And the turn is the flush card. Do you check in this spot as your default?
  • ZeCaricaZeCarica Posts: 1Subscriber
    in the first hand the action on the turn was check call, and you sad bet-snap call again who offcourse changes all the action and making even least sense what you are saying so i stop seeing the video right away. thanks for saving me time
  • silverchipssilverchips Posts: 2Subscriber, Professional
    Fantastic! The way to really think about poker. So very, very few talk about it this way and I agree with you David, that adjusting is an underrated skill which if one can learn becomes a huge advantage. Thanks for taking the time and giving of yourself. :) Definitely would like to see much more of this.
    Thanked by 1DavidTuchman
  • AyapepperAyapepper Posts: 12Subscriber
    Thanks for the video series, good stuff for sure Tuch!
    Thanked by 1DavidTuchman
  • chris_9090chris_9090 Posts: 101Subscriber
    Hey David , i think u have mistaken a river action,on 38:30 mark you say that Greg is the one that moves AI but from the graphics it looks like Jen is the one who leads AI . Regarding the same hand , on the turn , do u think the fact that Greg has lost a big pot may result in wider raising ranges ? (K8,KT,AdXd) ? U said that generally some ppl tend to slow down after losing big pots or tilt and play more aggro but we havent seen a showdown since Greg lost so we cant really know how he adjusted ....
    Hey david good video. i play a 2 5 game with a buy in of 500 - 2k, so players are a little bit better. And a lot of the things you talk about on this video really apply to my game in a daily basis. A question that pop into my head when i was watching the video because i get stuck with this situation in my game way too often.
    on the last hand of the video, heros was in position with AQs and bet into two other players on a board of A:c: 2:c: 10:d:, he bet and one villain called.
    you said you would bet on the turn if it was checked to you, and i do agree. you can definitely get value from worse and a little bit of hand protection in this spot. But what happened if the role is reversed? What if you are out of position? you bet the flop as the pre flop raiser and you cbet the flop and same villain called. And the turn is the flush card. Do you check in this spot as your default?

Crazy busy with WSOPE commentary but I promise to give this the proper attention it deserves...

give me a few days

ZeCarica wrote: »
    in the first hand the action on the turn was check call, and you sad bet-snap call again who offcourse changes all the action and making even least sense what you are saying so i stop seeing the video right away. thanks for saving me time

That'll happen occasionally. My apologies. That said, I think you are doing yourself a disservice. Plenty of really good information in this video series
    chris_gr90 wrote: »
    Hey David , i think u have mistaken a river action,on 38:30 mark you say that Greg is the one that moves AI but from the graphics it looks like Jen is the one who leads AI . Regarding the same hand , on the turn , do u think the fact that Greg has lost a big pot may result in wider raising ranges ? (K8,KT,AdXd) ? U said that generally some ppl tend to slow down after losing big pots or tilt and play more aggro but we havent seen a showdown since Greg lost so we cant really know how he adjusted ....

give me a couple of days and I promise to look at this again.

thanks!
  • FoldtoMyRaiseFoldtoMyRaise Posts: 312Subscriber
    Hi David. I think this is a great video series. I am looking forward to more of this type of commentary. Will you do these kinds of videos with higher stakes games with better players?
    Hi David. I think this is a great video series. I am looking forward to more of this type of commentary. Will you do these kinds of videos with higher stakes games with better players?

Definitely! I really enjoy this too...

sorry, it took me so long to answer your question.

Not sure you're going to love my answer, but it depends...

who is your opponent? I can still imagine getting called by worse and if my opponent isn't very tricky, my default would be to bet more often than not. Again, the question I ask my self is can I get called by worse? How likely is it that I will get called by worse? Most likely, in a heads-up scenario, I'm betting the turn and then re-evaluating river. I might check fold river if I don't think my opponent is bluffing or betting worse.

against some opponents who i know might use the "scare" card and try to get me to fold, I might give them the rope and check to them...

More I think about it, the more I think I'm probably betting the turn in position or out of position against one player. No answer is absolute, but that's my default

Good luck
    chris_gr90 wrote: »

Hey Chris,

You might be right about the river action - hard to tell. Regardless, the chips are going in...

To answer your question, maybe. Obviously, we don't have a big enough sample size to know how Greg will respond after he loses a few hands. I think it's really smart of you to understand that our opponents are always changing. Tilt, losing a hand, winning a hand, etc...all factors into the next hand they play. How do our opponents adjust and "out-adjusting" them is the game. That's what separates the winners from the guys treading water.

In this particular case, Greg doesn't strike me as someone who's going to go on Aggro-tilt and start raising with hands that he doesn't view as the best. His raising range might indeed expand simply because he's so sick of getting sucked out on and he wants to
    "protect" his hand.

Great observation Chris ... Thanks for the comment and best of luck!
    Thanked by 1chris_9090
    Brandue wrote: »
    Most 1-2 games play just like this video series. The game relies mostly on the luck factor and it's hard to get people to fold hands. It's very difficult to continue betting on every street when 5 people are always calling you down. They basically just want to gamble with any 2 cards.

Try not to get stuck into this thought process....I promise you there's way more than luck involved in beating these games.

You obviously need to make adjustments when many players see the flop, the turn and the river, but at the end of the day, if you're making the correct adjustments, you'll come out on top.

Good luck!