Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5NL river spot

about 700 effective
hero winning image
villain is your typical loose passive station , makes a lot of calling mistakes

villain limps in mp and co limps , hero otb (KhQh) raises to 30 and both limpers call

flop(95) Ks 7s 7c

checks to hero I bet 60 and villain calls 60 and other player folds

turn (215) 5s

villain checks to hero I bet 100 villain calls

river(415) 2c

villain checks hero ?

Comments

• SKOOSKOO Posts: 160Subscriber
    betting half pot on the river would be hard because of stacks and is he really setting up a river shove? the odds to call would make it a gross spot if he did.

I would check here. passive people just play so weird even if they show up with made hands here.
  • ChristopherSigmanChristopherSigman Posts: 1,147Subscriber
    You have about $510 left, villain is never ever ever ever check/shoving with KJ or worse. Make a small value bet and expect to get a fold most of the time, called by a worse K some of the time, and raised once in a million and always by better than KQ.

I'm thinking $180-$230.
  • Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,127Administrator, LeadPro
    edited August 2015
    The open limp discounts many AK combos. I'd bet small to try to get called by KJ KT or K9s.

This is the stuff that separates the men from the boys. You must have variance in your river value betting if you want to become a beast in NL. Maybe he has A7s sometimes or he plays a flush passively but I think if you bet small enough you'll get called and be good here more than 60% of the time.

Bart
  • BeatnutzBeatnutz Posts: 147Subscriber
    Bart wrote: »
    The open limp discounts many AK combos. I'd bet small to try to get called by KJ KT or K9s.

This is the stuff that separates the men from the boys. You must have variance in your river value betting if you want to become a beast in NL. Maybe he has A7s sometimes or he plays a flush passively but I think if you bet small enough you'll get called and be good here more than 60% of the time.

Bart

Hi Bart,

If this villain were a good, thinking player, would we be checking back the river? How would it change our line? Do we even consider checking back the turn to get value OTR?
  • StarwarsJediMasterStarwarsJediMaster Posts: 741Subscriber

Bart

Thanks, i ended up betting 150 and villian

Bart

Thanks for the response, i had the same thinking and bet 145 villian called and i value owned myself vs J7, np problem though.