Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

PAHWM: AsTs in straddled pot

RogerHardyRogerHardy Posts: 794Subscriber
Game: 1/2 Parx.

Game was pretty wild. Other than me and the guy on my right, we had a whole of chips flying around. Lots of flops going 5 way for $17 type hands; people making it $100 pf with 77 after a raise and 2 callers for $10; guys making $100 bets on the flop into $50 pots with TPTK and getting called multiway by draws.

My image is pretty nitty. I've run $300 up to $550. I've got everyone in this hand covered.

UTG straddles to $4. UTG+1 calls the $4. I'm UTG+2, I make it $15 with AsTs. 3 people call the 15 behind me, but we do lose the blinds, the straddle and the UTG.

So pot is $71, and I'm first to act.

Flop comes 89T rainbow, one spade.

Hero... ?

Comments

• Bet. Checking here to see what develops behind you is a disaster. Chances are you aren't going to get two clean cards on the turn and river but I am bet-folding every blank. Hopefully you get a 2, 2 run out and you take some monkey for three streets :)

Bart.
  • RogerHardyRogerHardy Posts: 794Subscriber
    Bart said

Bet. Checking here to see what develops behind you is a disaster. Chances are you aren't going to get two clean cards on the turn and river but I am bet-folding every blank. Hopefully you get a 2, 2 run out and you take some monkey for three streets :)

Bart.
    Ok so far so good. I bet maybe too much 75. One caller who snap calls. Turn is another 8. Hero?
  • The amount of the bet really depends on the table. When you bet into multiple people usually you have something on a board like this. So it would only be a sizing mistake if a guy would fold QT for $75 but would call $50.

As played $125-$150 turn bet-fold.

Bart
    Bart said

The amount of the bet really depends on the table. When you bet into multiple people usually you have something on a board like this. So it would only be a sizing mistake if a guy would fold QT for $75 but would call $50.

As played $125-$150 turn bet-fold.

Bart
    Ok good 2 for 2. I bet 100 v calls. River is total blank. Hero?
  • $175-$200. And the reason i bet this small is to give myself an escape hatch to possibility make a tough fold. But from the setup of this hand it sounds like you are about to get shoved on and shown a fullhouse.

Bart
    Bart said

$175-$200. And the reason i bet this small is to give myself an escape hatch to possibility make a tough fold. But from the setup of this hand it sounds like you are about to get shoved on and shown a fullhouse.

Bart
    Basically what I did although since he had less than me I put him all in. Got called by QQ.

Nice to know we had about the same tbought process I.e. don't wimp out.

Thanks for going back and forth with me on tnis one. What, no good games as the commerce tonight? Wink
  • jmcjmc Posts: 58Member
    RogerHardy said

Game: 1/2 Parx.

Game was pretty wild. Other than me and the guy on my right, we had a whole of chips flying around. Lots of flops going 5 way for $17 type hands; people making it $100 pf with 77 after a raise and 2 callers for $10; guys making $100 bets on the flop into $50 pots with TPTK and getting called multiway by draws.

My image is pretty nitty. I've run $300 up to $550. I've got everyone in this hand covered.

UTG straddles to $4. UTG+1 calls the $4. I'm UTG+2, I make it $15 with AsTs. 3 people call the 15 behind me, but we do lose the blinds, the straddle and the UTG.

So pot is $71, and I'm first to act.

Flop comes 89T rainbow, one spade.

Hero... ?
    Without looking at other responses:
    Wow, sounds like a really good game! I think raising the ATs is ok, but you'll end up playing a lot of $60+ pots and be in a huge guessing game if your kicker is good. Fine if you're ok with that sort of thing.

On the flop, OOP vs 3 players - depending on opponent remaining stack size here's my plan:
    $100< - bet and hope to get all in before a 7, 6, J or Q show up. Crying call if they shove. Hopefully you're up against only one opponent.
    $200+ - bet small ~$45 and fold or just check/fold - there aren't really any good turn cards for you except A, T, and spades, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Every other card puts a 4-card straight or makes someone trips. T98 type flops smash calling ranges - you're easily looking at 2pr+.

After reading Bart's responses:
    Interesting - I didn't realize we were quite deep enough to be comfortable bet-folding. I suppose if we bet on the flop and are called, we can probably rule out 2pr+ type hands and play for value - mostly against:
    JT, QT, KT (36 combos)
    KJ (16 combos)
    AT (chop, 8 combos)
    but we lose to a slowplayed QJ (16 combos), and QQ/JJ WAWB (12 combos).

Given that we're way deep, I like raising the ATs just fine.

That sound right?
  • RogerHardy said
    Bart said

$175-$200. And the reason i bet this small is to give myself an escape hatch to possibility make a tough fold. But from the setup of this hand it sounds like you are about to get shoved on and shown a fullhouse.

Bart
    Basically what I did although since he had less than me I put him all in. Got called by QQ.

Nice to know we had about the same tbought process I.e. don't wimp out.

Thanks for going back and forth with me on tnis one. What, no good games as the commerce tonight? Wink
    I think that shoving all in is almost too large. I mean, do you think that you get called by KT, QT, or JT? You're line looks super strong. Thats why I like betting smaller on the river. Gives us an escape hatch if we get shoved on and it is more likely that we get called by a weaker hand.

Bart
    Bart

Gotcha. Good point about the escap hatch I will keep that in mind.

Roger