Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 flop bottom pair in 6 way pot. go for value?

TDFTDF Posts: 1,130Subscriber
Table is full of weak loose passive straightforward recreational players. No 3 bets. Worst player in CO. Level 1 thinker only cares about his cards. No clue about pot and bet sizes. Calls cbets with overcards and turn bets with gutshot and one over.
UTG (150) scared money limps MP (500) nit limps MP1 (300) nit limps CO (700) makes it 25. Hero OTB (600) calls 5d6d. How do you like the call? BB (400) calls all limpers call.
Flop ( 150 ) 5h7dTh all check to btn. Hero bets 85. All fold CO calls.
Turn ( 320) 4s CO check hero bets 200, CO calls
River ( 720) Jc CO check hero check.
What do you think about play on all streets?

Comments

• UntreatableFPSUntreatableFPS Posts: 1,004Subscriber
    Wait, go for value or bluff the river to try to get him off something like 88/99 or a T that isn't JT? You're saying you wanna bet the river and he'll call you with something worse than a pair of 5's?

Sometimes I 3-bet with hands like 56s against players who raise to isolate and don't necessarily have a value hand when they raise the CO
    Calling pre is borderline, but I don't have a huge problem with it

Checking turn is also acceptable. If you're betting, you're semi-bluffing
  • TDFTDF Posts: 1,130Subscriber
    I bet flop and turn for value. I checked river cause I didn't see value in betting. I expect CO to bet Tx on the flop. if he has it on the river I don't think he is folding it ever.
  • UntreatableFPSUntreatableFPS Posts: 1,004Subscriber
    I don't know, maybe he's playing a weak T cautiously. Or he could have a PP like 88 or 99
    If he has one of these hands, he probably should fold if you bet the river, but I'm not saying he's going to. I wouldn't suggest it if he's as bad as you say.

So you're betting the flop for a bit of equity protection/like to take it down, not exactly pure value
    I would say the turn isn't exactly for value. It's more of a semi-bluff. I definitely wouldn't consider it for value, because a value bet implies that you're betting to get worse hands to call
  • I'd 3bet or fold pre. I think it is a small mistake to call these hands for raises in multiway pots, even in position and not deep stacked. Flop is a check. Too many players in the hand. Don't really like it much.