Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Call-Ins No. 18: Max Value Lines

Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,179Administrator, LeadPro
edited January 2015 in Crush Live Call Ins podcast
This week Bart takes some calls discussing lines where we can increase our maximum value.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/max-value-lines
Tagged:

Comments

• FreeLunchFreeLunch Posts: 1,311Pro
    Should this thread be for call ins 18? I'm confused.

In any case my comment is for 18. In the first hand an old man flops trips and plays passive to the end then overshoves possibly getting the best hand to fold. There is a key factor in this hand that I have seen a lot lately. The Isle is one of the many rooms in Florida that is running constant high hand promotions. As a result of this a lot of these old men types (and broke ass young kids) have been trained by the promotions to do whatever they can to make the high hand. So when the old man flops trips he stops thinking about value or what we have or anything that has to do with poker and only cares about making quads.

I see this all the time and even started a thread about it a while back. http://www.crushlivepoker.com/forums/discussion/3321/adjusting-to-high-hand-jackpots#Item_1

So when the river comes and the old man does not make quads he shoves because something in his mind says "shit - I need to get some value from this" and since he has not been thinking at all about poker he has not thought about other hands that could beat him. I call in this hand.

Again - I see this all the time. If there is even a small high hand promotion in these rooms you have to take this possibility into account when figuring out their ranges. If you don't live here this sounds crazy but in one of my morning games where the promo is only $100 I constantly see players miss $500 or more in value to get a high hand. I see players win $1000 and get more exited that they won a $100 high hand. These guys really dont care if they win money at poker, they just care about the high hand.

If you play in Florida, you have to take this into account.