Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

The Limon Show No.45: Strategy Call Ins With Zach Freeman

CLP_CraigCLP_Craig Posts: 776Administrator
edited November 2014 in The Limon Show podcast
Join Abe this week as he discusses advantage play and then welcomes special guest Zach Freeman for strategy discussion with listener call ins.

Episode posts at 2PM ET

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/strategy-call-ins-with-zach-freeman
Tagged:

Comments

• ChristopherSigmanChristopherSigman Posts: 1,147Subscriber
    Just a reminder about Nichoel Jergins as a guest. She mentioned on the last LATB commentary that she's been playing a lot more LHE lately as the games have been really good, maybe you could ask her about live game selection, the importance of knowing how to play all the games, what roll tournaments play in her game, balancing poker with a family, women poker players in general, etc.

Thanks for another great show, Limon. Zach was a great guest. He was intelligible, interesting, and kept it real.
  • AbeLimonAbeLimon Posts: 860Member
    reedmylips wrote:
    Just a reminder about Nichoel Jergins as a guest. She mentioned on the last LATB commentary that she's been playing a lot more LHE lately as the games have been really good, maybe you could ask her about live game selection, the importance of knowing how to play all the games, what roll tournaments play in her game, balancing poker with a family, women poker players in general, etc.

Thanks for another great show, Limon. Zach was a great guest. He was intelligible, interesting, and kept it real.

Pretty sure Dan Colman will be the guest on the next show but Ill talk to Nichoel soon.
    Thanked by 1BigLarry
  • ChristopherSigmanChristopherSigman Posts: 1,147Subscriber
    AbeLimon wrote:
    Pretty sure Dan Colman will be the guest on the next show but Ill talk to Nichoel soon.

Oh, hahahaha I thought you were kidding about Dan Coleman. Do you know him? I didn't think you had any kind of relationship with him that would merit him coming on the show.

This sounds like it will be another great show. :cool:
  • khalwatkhalwat Posts: 997Subscriber
    PrivateWorld FTW
  • Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,115Administrator, LeadPro
    We've invistagted Private World. If the Admin can set up some sort of voice modulater it has a chance of happening.
  • AdministratorAdministrator Posts: 747Administrator
    I already told Limon how to do it
    I already told Limon how to do it

PW balked. guessing its a woman. prob molly bloom.
  • MikeGMikeG Posts: 989Subscriber
    Good show. Advantage play section was good and that's the absolute truth about advantage play. You can wait for hours to find the game with the true count of 9 and the dealer who is exposing 1/4 of her down cards and still have big losses.

Zach was a good second. Interestingly, when I heard "The guy said 'okay we'll see who has the bigger balls,'" I thought the same thing as Zach: this must be the nuts! I'm looking to make a disciplined fold and caller is looking to make a fold to keep the players in the game! Must be nice!

Finally, if you lose at 2:30 and then you lose at 2:30 again, it's important to not play King-lil-lil the same way the next day.
    Thanked by 1AbeLimon
  • TDFTDF Posts: 1,130Subscriber
    Please don't do any more strat shows. Leave them to Bart.
    Thanked by 1Bart Hanson
  • David ChanDavid Chan Posts: 1,208Pro
    edited November 2014
    I actually thought Zach did a decent job as a guest. I agree with his comment about a lot of guys playing more spewy/aggro/bluffy on LATB because they want to "show off" to their poker friends who may be watching them via stream. I especially agree with the comments about my playing a dumb unbalanced spewtard style in LATB and in general.

As far as Zach's comments regarding my play on LATB, I think that he is totally correct that I play like a spewtard. I am not sure if he meant to say that I am a spewtard in general or whether I play like a spewtard on LATB, but either way, he is right. He is also totally correct on his criticisms of my cash game play being totally unbalanced and my not value betting thinly enough. FWIW, when I used to play on LATB more than 1 year ago, I purposely played a little more loosely on LATB cash games than I normally played in cash games in general. Have to take the Fifth on my reasons why I did that though.
    Thanked by 1ZacharyFreeman
  • DougFPSDougFPS Posts: 10Subscriber
    Great call on the type of wine. Dry creek best area for zins in the world. What label?
    TDF wrote:
    Please don't do any more strat shows. Leave them to Bart.

mondays first call is reserved for you. posting strat.
    DougFPS wrote:
    Great call on the type of wine. Dry creek best area for zins in the world. What label?

truett hurst that night.
  • DougFPSDougFPS Posts: 10Subscriber
    Which label do you like the best.
    Which one do you find with the driest end/ heaviest tannin.
    Tough to find in my area have to get them shipped in.

Thanks
  • komkom Posts: 225Subscriber
    F that. Let Abe do as many strat shows as he wants. Even his non strat shows are strat shows, but you monkeys usually can't tell.
  • neverlearn2neverlearn2 Posts: 2,862Subscriber
    abe should take loveline type calls from the subscribers.

Hey Abe my wife doesn't love me and I got crabs now, what should I do?
    Thanked by 2Thehammah JCW

I would like to try a show of non-poker call ins. you guys up for that?
  • MikeGMikeG Posts: 989Subscriber
    Sounds good. Next time you plan to have Brandon call in, just go with the non-poker call ins instead.
    DougFPS wrote:
    Which label do you like the best.
    Which one do you find with the driest end/ heaviest tannin.
    Tough to find in my area have to get them shipped in.

Thanks

Quivira is very good and consistent. The "best" zins are from paso robles IMO. Turley is always good not fruit bombs.
  • neverlearn2neverlearn2 Posts: 2,862Subscriber
    AbeLimon wrote:

I would like to try a show of non-poker call ins. you guys up for that?

yea probably be fun