Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 call 3bet PF to shove any flop over cbet line.

TDFTDF Posts: 1,130Subscriber
3Bets in my game very rare and I usually just fold to them. But sometimes I have suspicion that someone exploit my wide opening range by 3betting light. This happened yesterday
Table loose passive and I'm opening around 80% in late position. Young aggro player 3bets me twice and I fold both times. Effective stacks 350-400. I open KQ from CO to 25 and he 3bets to 80 from BB. Folded to me. I expect him to cbet 100-120 on 100% of flops. I don't like shipping PF cause Im crushed by his calling range. But can I call PF and ship over his cbet? Would this line be better then folding PF?

Comments

• Boy I really hate calling off 25% of effective stacks with KQos. You are really playing Russian Roulette here. In reality if he does CBet $120 and you do ship do you think that you can even get AK to fold at $550 $150 to call? He may pot commit himself. I think you are too short here to fool around. Reraise or fold.

Bart
  • eselspieleselspiel Posts: 115Subscriber
    TDF said

Young aggro player 3bets me twice and I fold both times.
    On how many hands? If he has adjusted to your play, you have to adjust. Either tighten up PF or change seats.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
    TDF said

3Bets in my game very rare and I usually just fold to them. But sometimes I have suspicion that someone exploit my wide opening range by 3betting light. This happened yesterday
    Table loose passive and I'm opening around 80% in late position. Young aggro player 3bets me twice and I fold both times. Effective stacks 350-400. I open KQ from CO to 25 and he 3bets to 80 from BB. Folded to me. I expect him to cbet 100-120 on 100% of flops. I don't like shipping PF cause Im crushed by his calling range. But can I call PF and ship over his cbet? Would this line be better then folding PF?
    What are the blinds? Your initial raise is so huge with a 1/3 game but your stack is so small for a 2-5 game.. I would raise more like 3x or 4x depending on how loose the table is. maybe a bit more in the smaller games since you get so many light calls. If you are getting 3 bet alot by a player in position to you either move to get pos on them or tighten up.

there is no shame in moving or reducing your opening range. Then let him three bet you again when you have a big hand and now you can either play for a trap or shove.

h