Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Site Tip #06 → Card Suits for Hand Histories

AdministratorAdministrator Posts: 747Administrator
edited February 2014 in Site Tips
As I'm sure many of you have figure out, you can use the little smiley popup menu in the upper-right hand corner of the text input box to put emoticons or smilies into your posts here... which also includes all four of the card suits:  :s: <div><br></div><div>You can also just type them out yourself, so you can type, for instance:<strong> A :c: </strong>to generate the A .  You do need to have a space before and after the colons for the emoticons to work properly.</div><div><br></div><div>There is also a "no suit" card, the<strong> :x: </strong>that looks like this: A×</div>
Thanked by 2Aesah ZambrotA
Tagged:

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator Posts: 747Administrator
    edited February 2014
    I also just improved the way the suit cards are displayed, so they use actual characters rather than graphics (which you can actually copy and paste), and the suits appear next to the rank so it looks more connected.  e.g.: A 2 3 K vs. A A :s: 8× 9×
    edited February 2014
    I added a rainbow icon that you can type like this: <strong>AJ9 :r:</strong> or <strong>AJ9 :rainbow:</strong>

...and it'll look like this: AJ9 :r:<div><br></div><div>(if for some reason that still appears as a thumb icon, that's just because it's cached, you can fix it by emptying your browser's cache)</div>
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    edited February 2014
    great! <br>
  • RogerHardyRogerHardy Posts: 794Subscriber
    Admin<br><br>I'm tripping over what might be a slight bug using the icons. It seems like I could only put them as the last character entered. For example, I started typing up a hand history, and then went back to try to insert the icons, and they kept showing up at the end of my thread, not inserted where my mouse was pointing.<br><br>Using Firefox on a MAC if that matters.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Roger<br>
    Try just typing them as you go?