Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live PLO Podcast No. 68: Hands From Some Home Games

CLP_CraigCLP_Craig Posts: 837Administrator
In this episode, TerpHimself walks through a number of hands he played recently in various home games.

https://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/hands-from-some-home-games
Tagged:

Comments

• JKHJKH Posts: 845Subscriber, Professional

So first hand with the 8 high flush ....the break down hand analysis, I really like your line bluffing at the turn with the 8 and ten blockers intending to barrel a lot off rivers . Everything is great but the odds to call/fold the river I feel I am missing something. If he can have 5 full combinations of flushes & 1 one discounted combo of the ace high flush And he bet pot.....seems like an easy call....when he bets pot u need good at least a third of the time to make the math work. By your analysis u are good 2/5 times so 40% of the time and sprinkle some ace high flushes u are still good 2/6 times and u get even odds to call. If he could ever ever be bluffing this seems like a clear cut easy call... Am I wrong?

• TerpHimselfTerpHimself Posts: 335Subscriber
    You know what JKH, I failed to run down that math as part of my analysis. I think I treated the bet as a 1:1 proposition instead of calculating the percentage of the time I need to be good in relation to what was in the pot. Good catch and the math is a call based on the way you explain it here, thanks!