Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video No 465.: WSOP.com Live Play (500nl)

CLP_CraigCLP_Craig Posts: 809Administrator
Rob takes it to the 500nl streets on wsop.com and battles against lineups of entirely regulars.

https://crushlivepoker.com/videos/wsop.com-live-play-500nl
Tagged:

Comments

• Steveo76Steveo76 Posts: 179Subscriber

Thanks Rob. Although I'm only playing 25NL Pokerstars I still found much of your content applicable to my stakes.

Definitely, going forward, I would suggest playing just 3 or even 2 tables enabling you to dedicate more time to breaking down key decisions. So many of these spots come up again and again online and it is great to see how a pro navigates them.

Keep it coming mate!

Steve

• DeorumDeorum Posts: 57Subscriber

Thanks for the video, Rob. I'm really liking these online videos where you talk in real time, sort of like a super shotgun style. Though I only play live, they really help me out with my thinking when playing against better players.

Just one question: In a live 5/10 game with a $5 flat drop, am I right to assume that implementing the SB limping strategy would be a huge mistake? Thanks again.

• urDONEson79urDONEson79 Posts: 54Subscriber
    Great vid. I enjoy the WSOP ones the best. So, your limping 100% of hands you want to play form the sb, b v b? Then limp raising prem hands and calling all playable ones?
  • RobFarhaRobFarha Posts: 199Pro
    Deorum wrote: »
    Thanks for the video, Rob. I'm really liking these online videos where you talk in real time, sort of like a super shotgun style. Though I only play live, they really help me out with my thinking when playing against better players.

Just one question: In a live 5/10 game with a $5 flat drop, am I right to assume that implementing the SB limping strategy would be a huge mistake? Thanks again.

Yes. Absolutely. They are effectively taking 25% rake in a limped pot. In this structure I would be only raising to 4x (or folding).
    Great vid. I enjoy the WSOP ones the best. So, your limping 100% of hands you want to play form the sb, b v b? Then limp raising prem hands and calling all playable ones?

In a very simplified way to describe my strategy, yes.

Keep in mind I don't think I'm very good at this, but it's something I've been working on getting comfortable implementing.

Expect mistakes from me and yourself if you try to replicate this.
    Steveo76 wrote: »
    Thanks Rob. Although I'm only playing 25NL Pokerstars I still found much of your content applicable to my stakes.
    Definitely, going forward, I would suggest playing just 3 or even 2 tables enabling you to dedicate more time to breaking down key decisions. So many of these spots come up again and again online and it is great to see how a pro navigates them.
    Keep it coming mate!
    Steve

Much appreciated. Thank you :smile:
  • DeorumDeorum Posts: 57Subscriber

He'll also presumably be limp raising with some bluffs as well.