Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

PLO BattlePlan Video No 20:PLO Point System and adjustments for PLO5

CLP_CraigCLP_Craig Posts: 775Administrator
TerpHimself takes the Hutchison point system that previously has been used of O8, and makes some adjustments in order to apply it to PLO5.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/plo-point-system-and-adjustments-for-plo5

Comments

• Th3V3ryB3stTh3V3ryB3st Posts: 3Subscriber
    Awesome video @TerpHimself , I've always considered the application of a point system in PLO but I didn't know how it would work exactly. I'm also from Maryland where there is more PLO5 than 4 :open_mouth: so I appreciate that insight as well.

I would say though that the system does not take position into account. Could we say maybe a 35 point hand would open UTG while a 25 pointer could open BTN?
  • TerpHimselfTerpHimself Posts: 328Subscriber

That’s a very good point (no pun intended) @Th3V3ryB3st I would definitely say position should affect the sliding scale in which certain hands are playable. I think the value of this system is establishing how strong certain hands are vs other ones, and then applying that understanding in-game. So if you have some “bad” hands below the recommended point threshold, those certainly can still be playable late in position and vs certain opponents, especially if those starting hands have some nut-making capabilities and/or good flop visibility.

Thanked by 1Th3V3ryB3st