Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video No. 437 “ Don't get scared in 3 and 4 bet pots”

Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,113Administrator, LeadPro
This week Bart takes a look at extreme preflop 3! and 4! spots and also examines post flop scenarios that derive from them in live games.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/dont-get-scared-in-3-and-4-bet-pots
Tagged:

Comments

• DeorumDeorum Posts: 52Subscriber
    In the hand against Maxwell when he has KQ and you have AK and the board runs out with four clubs, you decided to bluff the river. A large part of your reasoning was to get him to fold a pocket pair with no club. However, when you're doing your preflop analysis you note that he calls your 3 bet saying something to the effect of, "I just want to play a pot with Bart."

I know that you don't put a ton of stock into live reads, but in my experience this type of statement of "I have some sort of nonsense with which I probably shouldn't call but I'm going to call anyway" is fairly reliable. Because of this, I think we can heavily discount his having wired pairs due to the fact that you guys are easily deep enough for him to set mine, and therefore he likely wouldn't have said what he did were he holding something like 66.

Any thoughts on this?
  • Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,113Administrator, LeadPro
    Deorum wrote: »
    In the hand against Maxwell when he has KQ and you have AK and the board runs out with four clubs, you decided to bluff the river. A large part of your reasoning was to get him to fold a pocket pair with no club. However, when you're doing your preflop analysis you note that he calls your 3 bet saying something to the effect of, "I just want to play a pot with Bart."

I know that you don't put a ton of stock into live reads, but in my experience this type of statement of "I have some sort of nonsense with which I probably shouldn't call but I'm going to call anyway" is fairly reliable. Because of this, I think we can heavily discount his having wired pairs due to the fact that you guys are easily deep enough for him to set mine, and therefore he likely wouldn't have said what he did were he holding something like 66.

Any thoughts on this?

That's interesting, I hadn't considered that. I think you have a valid point and I agree with you that this tell is usually reliable. Thanks for that input. Bart