Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

PLO Home game Rake beatable?!?!

Hello,

I am new to CLP and have a question about Omaha home game rake. I play in 9 handed sometimes 10 handed PLO/PLO8 5/10 with $25 straddle sometimes home game twice a week where rake is $5-15 a hand sometimes $20 on larger $2k plus pots. Stacks range from $500-4k. I have been about 6 months and wonder if the rake is beatable with these stakes and stack sizes???

Comments

• Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,108Administrator, LeadPro
    I'll leave this to our PLO coach @terphimself
    Thanked by 1Spurs512
  • TerpHimselfTerpHimself Posts: 328Subscriber
    Hey @Spurs512 welcome to the community. That is higher than normal rake per pot, but you can calculate whether this is beatable or not.

I’m going to calculate the rake on the high side, so let’s put it at $12.50 per pot. If you average 30 hands per hour, 12.5 times 30 = $375. Then 375/9 = about $42/hr per player.

Now, compare that to your winrate in the game. If your hourly is not above $42/hr, you’re not beating the projected rake. Also, even if your winrate is above that number (let’s say $65/hr), you need to subtract that rake calculation from your winrate to know your true winrate in that game.

Let me know if this makes sense or raises any further questions.