Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$1/2 BB 3! Bluff pre, TP River decision

cruxcrux Posts: 119Subscriber
Main V in this hand is on the BTN. ABC calling station, will raise pre with big pairs TT+ and AK+. Have not seen him 3! anything else in about 4 hours of play. Once he gets to a flop, he's not going anywhere mostly unless he's got air, and has raised post with TPTK+ a few times. ~$450 stack.

Hero BB $405 effective K 7
UTG1 (competent TAG reg, we have some hours together) opens $10, BTN call.
I opt to 3! to $40, knowing UTG1 is quickly going to let me know where he's at, and if UTG1 folds that BTN is likely calling light.
UTG1 snap folds, BTN calls.

Flop ($91) K Q 8 :s:
Lead $45, V call

Turn ($181) T
Lead $75, V call

River ($331) 3
H?

I'm not loving my hand, obviously, but also think I'm good here at least half the time. Is best play to bet for thin value, or chk/call?

Comments

• lotto33lotto33 Posts: 75Subscriber
    Fold pre, idk why you would 3! with k7o especially from the BB

Betting this river is a bluff not value. I'd bet $200 and pray for a fold
  • GarlandGarland Posts: 518Subscriber
    I would fold pre-flop. I don’t mind the lead outs although, I prefer a check on one of the streets (flop or turn). As played, I can see some AQ, QJ, JT combos that may make a curious river call, so I could either go with a small bet or a check/evaluate.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,577Subscriber
    Dump the FPS with the trailer park hand.

As played bet small OTT if he is a station. He isn't going anywhere as you put it.
  • cruxcrux Posts: 119Subscriber
    Yeah. Probably played a few too many tournaments that week and got caught up squeezing from the BB.
    I checked with the intention to call any non-jam.
    V checked behind and rolled over AQo
  • JohnRichardsJohnRichards Posts: 3Subscriber
    edited April 8
    I think the river presents a decent bet/fold opportunity. Personally I would size my bet to around $130 to get calls from QJ/J10 maybe AQ sometimes. Sometimes your going to get value owned by KJ but combos are reduced. The hand represents the thin value you need to go for.

Also don’t mind the 3 bet pre, on the light side, better if suited
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,577Subscriber
    I meant to say bet small OTR