Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/$5 Multiway Turned My Nuts

ds2uaredds2uared Posts: 464Subscriber
edited March 2 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Mp1 Good reg, tight, aggressive, capable of bluffing, making big laydowns. Can talk theory.
Mp2 super wide rec. who limps with offsuit 6-gappers. Running hot.

Mp1 ($2,000) raises to $20 from Mp1. Mp2 ($1,500) calls. 2 calls. Hero in BB ($1,000) calls A 7.

Pot $95. Flop K Q T. Hero checks. Mp1 bets $65. Mp2 calls. Fold, fold. Hero calls.

Pot $290. Turn 5. Hero checks? Mp1 checks. Mp2 bets $115. Hero?
Tagged:

Comments

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Posts: 134Subscriber
    If MP1 respects you at all, I don’t think he’s putting any more money in the pot unless he has a draw to beat you. I also want to raise to build a pot against the fish who thinks his luck will never run out. My sizing would depend on the villain, but raising to $350 would leave you about $565 behind and $1000 pot on the river. That seems like a good place to start.
    Thanked by 1CycleV
  • CycleVCycleV Posts: 1,196Subscriber
    Agreed. Since you have the ace of hearts, his bluffs after the turn drop to zero. The only way to get all the moneys is to raise and hope someone got coolered. (Or the river runs dry and he ain't as good as you think and he or the fish can't let go of his hand.)
  • DaddyslapDaddyslap Posts: 110Subscriber
    I'm not sure that respect is something we should be considering here - When we start thinking about metagaming in this spot, we have to recognize that other competent players are also looking to stay involved with this fish, so their calling range multi-way will remain wider than against a single competent player.

We strung this guy along and got him to put money in on the flop, and I'm not certain we should assume this guy is folding after we flat the turn. The most likely holding we are going to face is some sort of combo draw - Could be JhXx, Jx10h, or possibly a lower made flush like 8h9h. Two pair are also possible (KQ, K10, Q10, etc). I'd foresee a C/R from sets on the flop from MP1 since the board is so wet, So after making an argument for flatting the turn here, I prefer a raise well to the tune of $300ish. This leaves us with less than 1 SPR on the river to jam and get called by worse. It also give us an opportunity to slow down if the board pairs.
  • jtm1208jtm1208 Posts: 14Member
    I'd raise most of the time here, occasionally calling only if I think MP2 will call if I call but fold if I raise. Probably around 85% of the time I raise $275-$325, anywhere in that ballpark is good to me.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,575Subscriber
    When you XR your hand range narrows to basically the nuts. Very few hands are betting this flop but those same hands are calling (sets, 2 pair, AJ)
    When you bet your hand range widens. You can bet 2/5psb.

As played? Yes XR.
  • SuperflySuperfly Posts: 591Subscriber
    edited March 3
    Ahhh, the eternal question. C/r turn or donk lead river. Not sure it matters all that much and your success in getting Vs to put more money into the pot probably hinges mostly on your own image, which you don’t mention.

At first, I thought it would be best to lean towards a flat. By just calling turn you give MP1 the chance to win $500+ by calling $115. He might just take it. Who knows.

But on second thought I think you’re better off targeting the red hot rec. He might be feeling good enough to gamble and make a mistake. Raise to something like $300 on the turn, keeping bluff folds a possibility. Maybe, just maybe, he will come over the top. If he just calls, then shove on blank rivers. Hopefully he’s feeling lucky enough to put on a cape and hero you. IDK, it’s a long shot. But are there any better options?
  • ds2uaredds2uared Posts: 464Subscriber
    edited March 3
    From the notes on my phone:
    HR315. Mp1F. Mp2 shows 9 6 talks a bunch F. Mp2 talks about KQs would've C.
  • ds2uaredds2uared Posts: 464Subscriber
    F = folds. C = calls. R = raises. MF = ....