Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Preflop Raiser C/R Flop Multiway

LatvianMissileLatvianMissile Posts: 296Subscriber
edited February 28 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
2/5 1K eff. V2 covers. V1 is 850 eff.
V2 in Bu with $10 straddle and gets last action pre. Folds to V1 in SB to 35. H with K T in BB calls, and Bu calls.
Flop (105): T 4 2 :s:
V1 checks, H bets 50, V2 calls, V1 c/r to 200. Hero?

EDIT: Action starts UTG preflop. I have no reads on either V.

Comments

• ArenzanoArenzano Posts: 1,464Subscriber
    There will basically be just over a pot size bet going into the turn if you call. With the btn behind, folding isn’t a bad idea. I think if either the 4 or the 2 was a heart a call and evaluate would be ok, not great just okay.

Having said that you can fold here pretty easily imo.
  • GarlandGarland Posts: 520Subscriber
    You are basically in worse position than UTG with KTs. I would fold this if SB didn’t raise (yes, even to $5 more as you’re nowhere near completing action) and certainly would fold it when SB raises to $35.

That said, you don’t give much info on villain. If I were to give him a reasonable range, I’d say he at least has big diamonds,but probably has all the overpairs, AT and maybe some sets. With button left to act (and perhaps even without button to act), I could probably fold and find a better spot.
  • LatvianMissileLatvianMissile Posts: 296Subscriber
    edited February 28
    Garland wrote: »
    You are basically in worse position than UTG with KTs. I would fold this if SB didn’t raise (yes, even to $5 more as you’re nowhere near completing action) and certainly would fold it when SB raises to $35.

That said, you don’t give much info on villain. If I were to give him a reasonable range, I’d say he at least has big diamonds,but probably has all the overpairs, AT and maybe some sets. With button left to act (and perhaps even without button to act), I could probably fold and find a better spot.

Action opened UTG and it folded to SB. Skips over Bu unless there is a raise. I have no info on the V I had just sat down at the table 30 min ago.

Action opened UTG and it folded to SB. Skips over Bu unless there is a raise. I have no info on the V I had just sat down at the table 30 min ago.

Ok, I think I misread that and makes the call much more reasonable. The other stuff still applies.

Garland
    Thanked by 1LatvianMissile
    edited February 28

Ok, I think I misread that and makes the call much more reasonable. The other stuff still applies.

Garland

Is this a slam dunk bet after the PFR checks on the flop? Or do we ever have a reason to check here with top pair?

Garland

Is this a slam dunk bet after the PFR checks on the flop? Or do we ever have a reason to check here with top pair?

Yeah, it’s pretty standard. I think the only reason you are thinking of checking this hand is because you got check-raised, which of course is results oriented. At the time you had no idea he was capable of a sneak attack.
  • Steveo76Steveo76 Posts: 161Subscriber
    edited February 28
    I don't like the pre-flop call which puts you in a dicey spot post-flop if the button also comes along. Being sandwiched like this with a 'trouble' hand is not a favourable situation.

I prefer folding or a 3! pre-flop. Personally, I would be three betting if the SB isn't a total nit. You might dissuade the Button from continuing and you could go to the flop heads up, in position and with the betting lead if the SB just calls. Or the SB might also fold and you win the pot right there.

As played, I am folding on the flop facing this c/r and with the button still in the hand behind me.

What was your rationale for just calling pre-flop @LatvianMissile? Did you not consider a 3!?

It is remarkable to me how many hands have been posted on this forum lately where Hero finds himself having to navigate tricky multi-way post-flop spots. How many of these could have been avoided by taking a more aggressive line pre?

Yeah, it’s pretty standard. I think the only reason you are thinking of checking this hand is because you got check-raised, which of course is results oriented. At the time you had no idea he was capable of a sneak attack.[/quote]

Yeah, I think you're right. Thanks!
    Steveo76 wrote: »
    I don't like the pre-flop call which puts you in a dicey spot post-flop if the button also comes along. Being sandwiched like this with a 'trouble' hand is not a favourable situation.

I prefer folding or a 3! pre-flop. Personally, I would be three betting if the SB isn't a total nit. You might dissuade the Button from continuing and you could go to the flop heads up, in position and with the betting lead if the SB just calls. Or the SB might also fold and you win the pot right there.

As played, I am folding on the flop facing this c/r and with the button still in the hand behind me.

What was your rationale for just calling pre-flop @LatvianMissile? Did you not consider a 3!?

It is remarkable to me how many hands have been posted on this forum lately where Hero finds himself having to navigate tricky multi-way post-flop spots. How many of these could have been avoided by taking a more aggressive line pre?

Definitely considered a 3!. decided to flat because I'd be IP v PFR, but I thought it was close.