Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/$5 versus Hyper Aggro Button

Villain plays straight forward versus only me on the flop but is extremely loose/aggressive preflop. When villain straddles defends his straddle 100% of the time and raises limpers 40-50% of the time with large sizing.

$900 eff.
V in button straddles. SB folds. BB calls. Hero utg calls A K :s:????

Here's my question: is this ever acceptable?
Tagged:

Comments

• JredAJredA Posts: 100Subscriber
    Im not a fan of just flatting after the BTN and BB completes and we are UTG.

Are we hoping the straddle raises and then we 3! from OOP? Are we folding to a 4!, 5! or calling a 4! OOP?

So many variables and our position is awful. I prefer to open pre and take down all the dead money. The villain might always 3! us allowing us to get more money in ahead of his wide range.
  • ds2uaredds2uared Posts: 464Subscriber
    edited February 27
    I'm getting it in versus Button straddle preflop 200 BB's deep with AK in at least 75% of situations. If we get into a raising war, I'm fine with that.

Villain is unlikely to 3! just me but is likely to defend wide. Versus extra callers in between he bluff 3! far too often.
    Thanked by 1CycleV
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Posts: 134Subscriber
    I think you can mix it up in these spots. Rob Farha has talked about limping 100% from the blinds in BTN straddle spots, although not sure how he would feel about it over a limper. I don’t think UTG over 1 limp is too far off the reservation, though.

I might also try a small raise to entice callers and hope to induce BTN into a loose squeeze.
  • GarlandGarland Posts: 518Subscriber
    edited February 27
    If hero has a read straddle will raise with this frequency, I have absolutely no issues with limp with intent to re-raise. Maybe even another player raises and gets some callers and you can perform a squeeze to pick up some dead money.
    Thanked by 1CycleV
  • JredAJredA Posts: 100Subscriber
    ds2uared wrote: »
    I'm getting it in versus Button straddle preflop 200 BB's deep with AK in at least 75% of situations. If we get into a raising war, I'm fine with that.

Villain is unlikely to 3! just me but is likely to defend wide. Versus extra callers in between he bluff 3! far too often.

Hard to disagree with a plan and strong read. Especially if that's how he is reacting to limps at a high frequency when he straddles.