Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

TT from BB

1/3 $300 Cap $450 effective with main V.

Main V is Middle Aged Asian Guy. He is too wide preflop, but seems to have a clue post-flop.

MAAG limps UTG, 3 other limpers, Hero to $25 with T T from BB. MAAG calls, bad rec calls in CO.

Flop (3 way $82) A 9 8 Hero checks, MAAG $40, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn (Heads up $162) A X/X

River (Heads up $162) 4 :s: Hero? I take out AJ+ due to preflop, and find it unlikely that V would check behind on the turn with other AX holdings.
Tagged:

Comments

• GarlandGarland Posts: 518Subscriber
    edited February 24
    This all hinges on what you think CO is betting.

If you think he has busted hearts or JT, then there is no use betting (unless he specifically has 9 x). If not you can target an 8 or 9 with a $60 value bet. If villain is passive, I'd value bet. If villain is bluffy, I'd check. By default, I'm betting.

• FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,575Subscriber
    I'd say you check and see what develops.

So the semi-clue asian guy probably knows to raise TT+. But he isn't raising Axs, AJ, AT. So say he has an Ace.... he probably filled up and let you catch up. if he was bluffing he either has a 9x hand or a busted draw. Your hand is clearly NOT an ace. So you face a dilemma vs a partially thinking played..... you can't bet. He just isn't calling a 9x hand and might bluff raise you. You'd have to bet small, very small to get a possible call. But when you check to 3 players you just never have a strong hand here. There is also the off chance he did limp with JJ. So while you beat most of his weak hands I don't think he is calling with any. Then add the chance of a bluff raise.

His range is very polarized. So I think you earn more by checking and seeing if he will bluff then betting. You have pretty much what you have in your hand. If he bets $100+ I'd lean on folding but usually players at this will bluff smaller.
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Posts: 134Subscriber
    Fuzzypup wrote: »

So the semi-clue asian guy probably knows to raise TT+. But he isn't raising Axs, AJ, AT.

It's tough to know exactly where that line is, but I put AJ+ and maybe some AT in his raising range. He probably limps the smaller suited Aces and weak AXo. However, I think the only AX hands he checks behind are A9 and A8, and even then, I don't think he would check those 100% of the time.

As for the possibility of a bluff raise on the river...our player pools must be very different. I just don't see that often, especially as the pot gets bigger.
  • ds2uaredds2uared Posts: 464Subscriber
    edited February 25
    I think too often I bet in this spot. I think more often I should be checking to induce a bluff from a lot of missed draws and to limit my exposure when he's nutted. I've seen an overwhelming number of players check back A6 on turn and river; I've also seen them value bet with 9X; so that aspect seems pretty read dependent.

I think we can rule out JJ-KK because of the flop bet and the lack of limp-reraising preflop, combined.

I think when I'm playing well, I check-call all day up to about $80-$85. Any more than that I don't know how to evaluate.
    Thanked by 1Superfly
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,575Subscriber
    Florida is very different than California. I played in both.