Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5/10 TP+NFD

cbrock54cbrock54 Posts: 4Subscriber
edited December 2019 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Seminole Hard Rock 2/5 $10 straddle on
Villain is young Asian man, aggressive & fairly loose, straddling every hand.

Villain BTN straddle $10. Hero open AhTh to $35 in MP1 & Villain calls. ($1200eff)

Flop: Qs6h4h

Hero bets $30 & Villain calls. ($130)

Turn: As

Hero bets $80 & Villain calls. ($290)

River: Kd

Hero checks & Villain quickly bets $250

Hero?

Tagged:

Comments

• CycleVCycleV Posts: 1,196Subscriber
    edited December 2019
    I know we block the FD but an aggressive V shouldn't have ak, aq, or any 2p other than kq. Even that hand is a 3! a lot from BTN straddle. There are plenty of sd otf and some that picked up bdfd. There's also a non zero chance that a young aggressive Asian male is floating with a total airball. If he luckboxed into 2p i'm just gonna have to pay the man.
  • Steveo76Steveo76 Posts: 161Subscriber
    I like the take @CycleV.

I am calling too. On this river card I don't think a Villain is betting quickly unless he is bluffing or has the nuts. The only value hand I wouldn't be surprised to see is exactly Js10s. I feel that sets are playing faster and two pair holdings take more thinking time on the river. There are however plenty of missed flush and straight draw combos that he arrives here with. Plus the occasional one pair holding such as 7s6s that he turns into a bluff.
    Thanked by 2kaboojie Superfly
  • cbrock54cbrock54 Posts: 4Subscriber
    edited December 2019
    I appreciate the insight @CycleV & @Steveo76. My assumption was that V would have a wide 3! range that includes hands weaker than JTs. I called & V showed down
    K4o.
  • LatvianMissileLatvianMissile Posts: 294Subscriber
    I think we should be bet-folding this river. V probably has some straight draws, but he is also going to have a bunch of Qs that may overcall with the heart draw busted out.

Also, this may be a hand to check the turn with as this should be one of our weaker aces. Bet is fine, but I wouldn't mind mixing in a check against an aggressive opponent especially if this villain will bluff or bet light.
    Thanked by 2cbrock54 Superfly
  • SuperflySuperfly Posts: 591Subscriber
    I agree, I think you need to call. LatMis’s suggestion to bet fold also seems reasonable since aggressive V unlikely to have AK, AQ or KQ after flatting pre, per CycleV’s comment.

Spoiler reinforces the correctness of calling since I don’t think V calls turn with the hand he has without planning to bluff rivers.
    Thanked by 2cbrock54 Steveo76
  • hustlinhustlin Posts: 362Subscriber
    Hmm interesting spot. My initial assumption is to fold here.
    He’s only repping a very narrow KQS here. Which is 9 combos.
    His bet is polarizing with his sizing.

So it’s either KQ or air. Their is air but not all of that he will turn into a bluff. He should check down some of them. Because u rep fairly strong range by betting the turn A+.

He also can’t have J10hh since you block it. I would fold here to the pot size bet. If it was half pot I would be inclined to call it down.