Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Shove pre

Blinds 400 /800 with 800 button anti

Mp opens 5k blind (25k)
Btn calls 5k (70k)
Hero sb shoves 50k with 88

Is this shove over the top ?

Comments

• Latrell1515Latrell1515 Posts: 237Subscriber
    Yeah, I dont like this at all.we have 62 BIGS? What are people raising to 5K with, were out of position and have plenty of chips to play with-were basically just set mining really since there will not be many favorable flops with our hand out of position.
  • ArenzanoArenzano Posts: 1,464Subscriber
    This is 6.25x open and a call. You don’t need to get involved vs this ridiculous open, let alone shove.
  • JustfourfunJustfourfun Posts: 200Subscriber
    I read “MP” opens 5k blind” to mean that MP makes it known he has not looked at his cards. So a wild 6.25 open followed by a cautious flat by BTN. Maybe BTN has a big hand and wants post flop action against the maniacal MP. Given MPs strange 6.25 raise I think BTN’s range should include all hands even though he only flatted. I could never get behind a shove here. Why shove versus a 15x raise to 12,000? If our shove is intended to get BTN out of the hand with BTN’s weaker holdings we are using the wrong bet sizing here. A raise to 12,000 will indicate a stronger holding to BTN than a shove that seems to want BTN out.
    If BTN has AA here he would flat call to get action later from a maniacal MP
    Plus yes you have 62 BIGS to start the hand. 62 gives you room to maneuver around and play skillfully. What if BTN is holding AK and you raise to 12k and BTN just can’t bring himself to lay down AK to a 3 bet that seems more like a 4 bet? A flat call by BTN of your raise to 12K may put you in an ideal situation post flop vis a vis the BTN. BTN has position but you have a huge advantage in that your range includes any holding and BTNs range does not include many relevant holdings for this hand. Makes bets that you want called
  • weeliittweeliitt Posts: 42Member
    thank you for comments, only reason this hand ended up this way is the MP raising 5k blind
  • Max23B0Max23B0 Posts: 1Member
    edited March 30
    where to write to help hacked account with balance
  • M.J.M.J. Posts: 3Subscriber

when button just calls a bet that size he’s generally going to be top heavy... like JJ+... AKs and AQs might play this way as well but you’re just never going to be crushing his range. I’d expect AK or AW to jam there more than anything to iso the blind raise, so this is usually going to be big pairs. You probably don’t want to flat either because unless you bink the flop you’re going to be in a world of pain trying to play pf oop against two player in a bloated to shit pot. Even in the big blind I think I let this one go.