Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

1/2 UTG vs UTG1, static board

cruxcrux Posts: 119Subscriber
Villain in this hand is in UTG with effective stack of ~$600. I've been at the table with him about two hours, and he seems knowledgeable, and fairly TAGgy, and has shown ability to lay down good hands, and also apply pressure with big bets showing up with pure bluffs and value hands. I have 3bet him a few times and mostly gotten folds pre, and a couple of mid-sized pots post. We haven't taken a hand to river.

V opens to $12

Hero is UTG+1, $1020.
Q :s: Q
3! $45

Folds to V, call.

Flop ($93)
9 9 :s: 3 :s:
chk, H $65, call

Turn ($223)
V $125, H call

River ($473)
V $200
Hero?

General line check? How often should I be folding to that turn bet?
Tagged:

Comments

• LatvianMissileLatvianMissile Posts: 294Subscriber
    On the flop, I'd bet smaller. You're pretty much getting called by FDs, 9s and some pocket pairs and we don't want to fold out something like 55.

Turn lead is strange, but I think a call is fine.

River: I'd probably just call. I think there is more combos of 9s that call on the button out there than cards we beat.
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 518Subscriber
    I would also size down otf. A large bet may fold out smaller pairs that would call a smaller bet.

Turn is a call. I don't think I could ever fold the turn unless it was a huge overbet and/or a complete nit.

River just call. Our hand is too strong to fold and a raise will likely only get called by better.
  • bubba316999bubba316999 Posts: 28Member
    To echo the size down OTF, since you are holding the Q :s: you're cutting down on the flush draw combos the UTG should open/call with preflop and continue with.
  • cruxcrux Posts: 119Subscriber
    My thought on the flop bet was that given the configuration, Vs range should mostly be able to call all bets, with the exception of maybe pairs <88, which seemed like a small part of his preflop bet-calling range. I did consider that holding the Q :s: was overall good for me.

The turn lead was weird to me. I feel like usually the check/call flop, lead turn line is either a bet for protection/pot control, or real strength. It seemed unlikely V would take the line with AA or KK, which would likely 4! pre. Also didn't seem like V should have many 9s in his UTG range. The size was a bit larger than what I would say is normal, though, for something in this case like TT or JJ, or spades, but I think I had to call.
    I tanked for a minute or so, but did call. With $200 to call to win $873, I would need to be good here about 1 out of 5 times, and I think I should be against this V.

V turned over 10 9

I ended up in a similar sized pot against him later in the same session and caught his bluff that time, so at least I got it back.
  • TuTu Posts: 1Subscriber
    edited November 2019
    This is my first post ever. Be easy as I am a rookie.

But would a raise on the tun for $285 - $300ish be a bad play? Would this fit in what Bart refer to as reverse block bet on the turn, and then fold if V shows strength on the river.

If V re-raise the turn raise, then Hero could throw the hand away as a raise/fold.

thoughts?