Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/$5 Shorthanded

ds2uaredds2uared Posts: 464Subscriber
edited October 2019 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
5-handed. Utg straddle is on. V is slightly above average rec. who plays a little scared against aggression in bigger pots.

Hero in CO raises to $35 T :s: 8 :s:. V in straddle calls.

$70. 9 3 :s: 2 :s:. V checks. Hero bets $30. V calls.

$130. 3. V checks. Hero bets $75. V calls.

$280. J. V checks. Hero bets $225.

Thoughts on line and sizing?

Comments

• GarlandGarland Posts: 518Subscriber
    Precisely how short handed is this? Not a big fan of the turn bet as you can expect villain to continue with virtually his entire range on the turn. Would continue on scare cards/equity adding cards such as A,K,J,T, 7 in additional to the obvious flushing :s:. As played, you’re playing to exploit a fold. Don’t be surprised if he holds on with A9/K9/Q9, etc.
    Thanked by 1CycleV
  • CycleVCycleV Posts: 1,196Subscriber
    Yeah, I feel like we can bet any card Ten and up, plus all 7s and spades. So we have lots of hands to double barrel with.
  • JredAJredA Posts: 100Subscriber
    If your read on villain is that he/she becomes a little scared in bigger pots, why not pump up the bet sizing and make them uncomfortable OTF since we have so many double barrel cards that could fall?

I would go larger OTF with this in mind. Probably closer to 75% or pot. Then really apply some pressure if called on favorable turn cards.
  • fishcakefishcake Posts: 1,002Subscriber
    I dont like the sizing on any street except pre. Especially on the turn this isn't a bad card to bet as you bet small on flop theres gonna be a lot of garbage floats that have to fold turn here even better draws than you have if you size up. Betting 80% pot on turn at least or more is a lot better than your size which I think accomplishes very little. River bets too polarizing. Not that some rec is gonna know what that means but they do see the spades missed. I think the big sizing is not necessary in the river and would prefer a big turn size.