Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/$5 Bad Thinkings

I can recall what I was thinking at the time but I do not believe I have ever thought through a hand like this before. So, thoughts? V is old white dude who plays wide preflop, and basically plays his hand face up (i.e. donks into preflop raiser with top pair).

$600 eff.

Hero raises in CO A J to $20. Villain calls otb. Sb calls.

$58. J 6 :s: 2. Sb checks. Hero bets $25. Button raises to $45. Sb folds. Hero calls.

$148. 6. Hero checks. V bets $50. Hero calls.

$248. T. Hero donks $100.

Okay, as I type this out...but I'm still gonna post it.
Tagged:

Comments

• GarlandGarland Posts: 518Subscriber
    I don’t mind this line. Alternatively, do not mind a turn x-raise to $125 due to weak sizing followed up with $150 on river.
  • CycleVCycleV Posts: 1,196Subscriber
    Given that his bets are of the BS sizing variety, line looks fine to me. I can see some merit in minclicking the turn as G suggested, but I probably just call this down and wonder if I could have gotten a bit more from his KJ. :P
  • fishcakefishcake Posts: 1,002Subscriber
    Check call the river imo its possible he is just fooling around here. Wouldn't let him off the hook.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,575Subscriber
    I think it was played fine. I noticed Garland advocating a XR OTT. At 1st I didnt like it. But I thought it over. I don't mind it.

If OMC just called with say JJ-AA, J6s, J2s = 22 combos and this is if he flats preflop all these hands with 100% frequency.
    While KJ, QJ, JT = 24 combos.

He almost never has...
    A set on the flop.
  • GrindThroughItGrindThroughIt Posts: 28Subscriber, Professional
    Quick question: villain had to raise to $50 on the flop, right (min-raise of $25 would be $50)?

I do like the line, although I think I'd try to go for a little more value on the river once villain bets so small on the turn with the flush draw there (i.e, I think he'd bet more with trips/overpair). I'd bet/fold more like $150-160. It's nit-picky, I know.
  • ds2uaredds2uared Posts: 464Subscriber
    Quick question: villain had to raise to $50 on the flop, right (min-raise of $25 would be $50)?

Ho. Lee. Shit. I have the notes on this hand exact. The dealer and I missed it. But I definitely bet $25 and he definitely raised it to $45. You're right, the minimum should have been $50.
  • SuperflySuperfly Posts: 591Subscriber
    Squares, I prefer the turn c/r to charge any draws and not let him get away with a little blocker bet if he stumbled onto a club draw on the turn. When the flush hits the river, I think I prefer a check call. Give him a chance to bluff at it and at the same time limit your loss if he did end up hitting the flush.