Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

The Grind Poker Podcast No.90: Dealing with New Structures and Improving at All Games

CLP_CraigCLP_Craig Posts: 775Administrator
In episode 90, Rob takes a look at the BTN straddles and how to learn new games as well as improving on your old ones.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/dealing-with-new-structures-and-improving-all-your-poker-games
Tagged:

Comments

• ReyzorxXxReyzorxXx Posts: 6Subscriber
    I am going to play more online in NJ to become a better Live NLHE Cash Game Player and learn more PLO & Stud quickly. Should I use a HUD and deposit on a site that allows it or go onto a site that bans HUDs completely? Will going HUDless help my Live Game skills? I Enjoy the Podcast and appreciate it.
    Thanks
  • RobFarhaRobFarha Posts: 192Pro
    @reyzorxxx

Yes. I recommend using a HUD for improvement.

Anything that can be broken down mathmetically as opposed to "feel" is always going to be better, I personally do not buy the "well theres no HUD live!" argument.

Understand where your %s are off online will also drastically improve your live game as well. Something as simple as knowing that you 3bet 6% in online 6m (very low) is absolutely going to help you live as you are likely under 3betting there as well.

The same thing can be said for BB defense, flop cbet, flop vs cbet, vs 3bet etc.

Online %'s in your face will point out leaks to you much faster and much more obviously than you would find out going by feel.

In regards to what good %'s are, there are lots of resources to find these sorts of things online, or you could just look at stats of fellow regs you view as good and try and find the differences in your games and make adjustments as you see fit.

There's not one style that works, so I wouldn't recommend completely trying to copy someone, but the more obvious disparities will point you in the right direction and plug large leaks pretty quickly. Even if you're not perfect.
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,060Subscriber
    @RobFarha, for someone with limited time to play, do you recommend playing Zoom/Zone/etc online to play more hands, or still sticking to regular FR games that translate to the live arena a little better?
  • RobFarhaRobFarha Posts: 192Pro
    Regular 6m or full ring.

Zoom is going to play differently than regular games.
    Thanked by 1dpbuck