Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 Crazy sizing

ClockClock Posts: 1,133Subscriber
2/5 1K effective (HERO)
Super late 5am.
V is older asian - big donk (just sat from broke table)

I'm honestly pretty confused on every street, curious what others think about this line.

V opens 60 from UTG (yes 60 :eek: :???: )
HERO A Q next to act...
...typically I'm gonna 3bet to iso early vs early with AQs, but because open is so retarded huge I figured after I call there's very little chance of others over-calling, so it's almost like a 3bet pot already...
So I just flatted, field folds as expected...

Flop (120) A :s: 9 :s: 7 - V bets 105 LOL - u can start to see where this is going.... HERO calls - Thoughts?
Turn (330) 4 V bets 300...yea... :???: HERO?...calls
River (930) 2 V checks...
HERO?
Tagged:

Comments

• JLongo12JLongo12 Posts: 49Subscriber
    Bet 310 to get a crying call from a pissed off KK.
    Thanked by 2neverlearn2 hustlin
  • pokertimepokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    I think you played it fine. Do you have a lot of history with V or it’s just obvious he’s a donk? I can deal with a small bet for crying call or even check back to see his cards if we need info and he’s a reg that we don’t know enough about. Also are we calling a jam if he goes nuts? It’s really a history thing with V.
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 518Subscriber
    I think a call pf is ok. I agree this should be normally 3! The 12x open makes a 3! a bit dicey imo. Just call. I doubt this sizing will trigger a cascade of calls.

Flop I call. Fold is too nitty. Raise seems like an overplay based on our spr.

Because V is a big donk, I like a call or shove. Call is prob best as a jam will likely only get worse hands to fold.

Ship the river. I'd consider checking back if V was a nit. Based on your description, I think he will call with worse hands due to the price he's getting. Plus you can rep busted fds.
  • ClockClock Posts: 1,133Subscriber
    edited October 2019
    pokertime wrote: »
    I think you played it fine. Do you have a lot of history with V or it’s just obvious he’s a donk? I can deal with a small bet for crying call or even check back to see his cards if we need info and he’s a reg that we don’t know enough about. Also are we calling a jam if he goes nuts? It’s really a history thing with V.

I've played with him maybe a few times before. He's like a 60 yo asian guy who's obv fucking clueless.
    I've seen him do uber restarted shit (I mean just look at this sizing :eek: ) and usually always get stacked by the end of night and leaves.

• GarlandGarland Posts: 518Subscriber
    edited October 2019
    You call UTG a big donk, so how much history do you have with him? How do you interpret a 12x opening?

Call me a nit, but I'm folding pre-flop. AQs is deceptively attractive, but to 12x opening to UTG at UTG+1 I don't like my situation if anyone decides to enter the pot in position. If you said you looked left and got 4 or more fold tells, then I might consider calling. As played calling down seems standard, but you can see the problem if he gii river. You call V a big donk, but provide no context to this with any hand histories. I'd probably nit check back if I opted to play this hand. If you think value is to be had by any A, then maybe 200-250 would be a good sizing.
    Garland wrote: »
    You call UTG a big donk, so how much history do you have with him? How do you interpret a 12x opening?

See my comment above.
    As far as 12x opening - I'm not exactly sure how to interpret that. :???: That's why I'm posting here to "compare notes"

My take - usually it means a BIG hand that doesn't want more than 1 caller. Also most of the time it's not AA.
    So, it could be something like TT-KK.. Big Ace, but then again, we're dealing with a unpredictable donk who's "logic" is not to be heavily relied on.
    Also it's 5am in morning, so the only people left are usually ppl that are stuck trying to get even, so there's that....

• GarlandGarland Posts: 518Subscriber
    Clock wrote: »
    Garland wrote: »

See my comment above.
    As far as 12x opening - I'm not exactly sure how to interpret that. :???: That's why I'm posting here to "compare notes"

My take - usually it means a BIG hand that doesn't want more than 1 caller. Also most of the time it's not AA.
    So, it could be something like TT-KK.. Big Ace, but then again, we're dealing with a unpredictable donk who's "logic" is not to be heavily relied on.
    Also it's 5am in morning, so the only people left are usually ppl that are stuck trying to get even, so there's that....

For my notes, big raise = big hand, and yes, it includes AA which doesn’t want to get sucked out on, and is a sizing tell you can exploit if say you had a pocket pair to set mine. Against the range you described, it’s any easy fold. Horrible reverse implied odds. I would want to gather some information in future hands from V before embarking on this spot.
  • CycleVCycleV Posts: 1,196Subscriber
    edited October 2019
    If the guy's a donk, we absolutely have to give him a chance to make a mistake here. If we were deeper I could see a smaller bet, but we have about 1/2 psb left. Rip it in, hope he puts you on spades, and pray he doesn't have AK.
  • ThepokerproneurThepokerproneur Posts: 106Subscriber
    I would lean towards folding pre unless he is absolute live one then, I would call and play the same river I bet $75 to induce or $225 to get looked up by KK or JJ
  • SuperflySuperfly Posts: 591Subscriber
    edited October 2019
    Guess I’m going to go contrarian again. I think river is a check back. After we call two nearly pot-sized bets on the flop and turn, he probably puts us on no less than AQ. I’d be surprised if he put us on a busted flush draw, thus can’t see him calling with a worse hand.

I can see a clueless donk getting scared and checking AK on the river after we call him down. If that’s the case, will he fold to shove? Does not seem like a sure thing to me.

Bottom line: Old Asian Guys always have it and don’t like getting pushed around.

If we can’t push him off better or get value from worse, check back makes most sense to me.

Call pre seems V dependent. If he’s a donk in the sense that he’ll open 12x with JJ or TT for protection because “they always get cracked,” then by all means call. However, my experience with Old Asian Donks at 5:00 am is that they could also easily have QQ+ or AK in this spot.
    Thanked by 1crux
    HERO shoves, V thinks for a few secs. says "OK, I call. Turns over AK
    Thanked by 1hustlin
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 518Subscriber
    I would def make a note on this and see if his sizings change based on hand strength.
  • ds2uaredds2uared Posts: 464Subscriber
    I'm with @Garland on this one. 12X preflop is killing me with AQs, but I think unless he's been doing it for the last 10 minutes, it's a fold.

If villain is raising a lot but normally lower amounts, I'm fine waiting for a better spot. And if he's raising 12X often, depending on the rest of the table, I might click it up to $120 to isolate with hands like AQs. But without much info, AQ it's actually a terrible hand to call with. I'd rather call with a suited connector, more so the more confident I feel he's strong
  • hustlinhustlin Posts: 362Subscriber
    100% calling this pre here.
    I may even consider 3bet ISOing this guy get him HU.

as played river I would go for value. like a member said $300 is a nice size here.
    Get some value from KK or something lol.
    However checking back river aint bad... but I would lean towards value. Get called by Weaker hands like AJ, A10.