Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/$5 AK Flush Draw 3-Part Q

ds2uaredds2uared Posts: 464Subscriber
edited October 2019 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
V loose, passive rec. Limp/calls most hands pre.

H just lost $300 in last pot. Didn't get new chips on the table before dealer started next hand (don't get me started on the dealer).

$484 eff. (F***ing dealer...)
V raises to $25 utg. H raises to $85 utg1 A :s: K :s:. V thinks for a bit then calls.

$170. Flop Q :s: J 6 :s:.

a) V donks $80. H?
b) V donks $150. H?
c) V checks. H?
Thanked by 1Baggio95
Tagged:

Comments

• FetterfoolFetterfool Posts: 19Subscriber
    edited October 2019
    A loose passive rec who usually limp calls but opens utg and flats a 3! is gonna have AQ, AK, and 99-QQ almost always.

A. Call and ship turn if checked to. On a wet board like that I'm expecting a bigger bet from a passive guy if he's got the goods. 80 feels like A high or an underpair. I guess it could be AQ some of the time, but still shipping turn if he slows down.

B. This guy's never folding now, and presumably has a set. You have to put in 150 to win implied 750 and you will hit spade or a T on turn 1/4 times. If you miss the turn you will most likely need to put in your last 250. This is pot odds stuff that I haven't bothered to learn yet

C. Betting 100 should get folds from underpairs and A highs as can have aces and Kings here. If vil min check raises call. If vil check shoves then again it's a pot odds thing
    Thanked by 1CycleV
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 518Subscriber
    a) shove
    b) shove
    c) bet 125, call if c/r'd

For a and b, you have an spr just over 2 and a ton of equity. I think the only thing you can do is shove.

For c, I dont think betting or checking are horrible. I think the equity is going to be close to 50-50 (depending what you specifically assign to V) If we bet, I'd bet 125 to maximize fe so we can push him off underpairs, Jx, and have enough left for a nearly 3/4 psb ott. It sucks if V calls and the turn is a brick, but we have position and can take the free card if he checks back the turn so we still get to realize our equity.
    Thanked by 1CycleV
  • pokertimepokertime Posts: 2,194Subscriber
    Shove
    Shove
    Shove
  • PokerShamanPokerShaman Posts: 107Subscriber
    (a) click it back with the intent of shoving the turn.

(b) shove

(c) bet 130 with the intention of shoving the turn.