Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/$5 Villain of the Day #3

Same villain from http://www.crushlivepoker.com/forums/discussion/comment/121129#Comment_121129
V is running hot now but no real new information other than he's raising more often than limp-calling.

Hero is getting stupid and impatient.

$800 eff.
Hero raises mp1 T 8 to $20. Mp2 calls. Villain in bb calls. Villain checks dark.

$58. Flop J 5 4 :s:. Hero bets $25. Fold. Villain calls.

$108. Turn Q. Check. Hero bets $60. Villain calls.

$228. River 6. Check. Hero bets $155. Villain tanks for 45 seconds or so then calls.

I don't usually give a shit about the results but it leads into my next post about this villain.
Hero shows. Villain shows Q 5 :s:

Tagged:

Comments

• GarlandGarland Posts: 518Subscriber
    edited October 2019
    Pre-Flop, too loose. Flop, too wide, esp w/ 2 villains, Turn, giving up. Would only bet if a 9, or A appeared.

You already know this, but you were impatient if you chose to play this hand and in this manner.
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,060Subscriber
    Yeah, I agree with @Garland. Entire hand seems too marginal.

Folding preflop, especially with this particular villain in BB.

Checking flop three-ways. If your plan is to bet every single BDFD+BDSD combo along with your made hands, you're ending up cbetting 90+%, which this multiway spot doesn't warrant. (Checkraising a hand like this could be sexy, though, depending on read of MP2).

Turn I'm either giving up or betting much bigger. Again, you should have had a pretty strong range for cbetting this flop, so you've got them in bad shape with your range. I'd like either a potsized bet, giving up on a non-9 river if called, or a turn check. Betting a bit over half pot doesn't make a ton of sense range-wise.

Waive the flag on that river once we get to that point. What are you expecting him to fold now?