Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/$5 Villain of the Day #2

V1 is same villain as http://www.crushlivepoker.com/forums/discussion/15317/2-5-villain-of-the-day-1
V1 has doubled up since the last hand, and is VPIP maybe 50% of hands and RFI 20% since. Has gotten it in in a couple other spots and generally been ahead, but seems marginal in the long run.

~$1,200 eff.
V2 utg (limp calls super wide, spotty hyper aggression, wide check-raising range) calls. Hero utg+1 K T raises to $25. V in sb calls. V2 calls.

$75. Flop K :s: 9 :s: 5. Check, check, Hero...?

I feel both villains will check-raise a lot of their draws and medium value hands. Utg definitely will check-raise all flush draws, some straight draws, all Kings, and some nines if Villain calls as a squeeze. Does this information place KT in my checking back range?
Hero checks. Turn 7 :s:. Check, V2 bets $50. Hero calls. River 3 :s:. V2 checks. Hero checks. V2 mucks.
Tagged:

Comments

• cruxcrux Posts: 119Subscriber
    Given the board itself and the information provided, I think checking back this flop is probably the best bet.

This is a spot that I may look at incorrectly for bet sizing, if betting. If you think that your opponent is going to check-raise essentially any moderately made or drawing hand, is it better to go smaller or larger with the sizing? I would tend to go with something around half pot.
  • CycleVCycleV Posts: 1,196Subscriber
    edited October 2019
    Well the way you set it up, I'd have to think we WANT to get c/r'ed, no? well not exactly, but it sounds like we're going to be ahead a lot, and with pf action (or lack thereof), idk if there are many bigger K in his range.

I'm not saying I'm excited about getting into a big pot w tpwk, but this is a secretly wet board.
  • ds2uaredds2uared Posts: 464Subscriber
    CycleV wrote: »
    secretly wet

Tehehe
  • StreetFighterStreetFighter Posts: 184Subscriber
    I check this back too. Great hand to catch bluffs with, but not that great to get checkraised.