Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/$5 JJ Versus Slight Winning Reg.

Villain is regular who gets value from good hands on the turn and river, but usually plays a bit too passive preflop. I usually have his number but he tends to stay out of my way. Last couple hands with him I have called him down and been ahead. He just lost an all-in on what was obviously an overpair on a 34797 board in a 300+BB pot (other player flopped the nuts) but he doesn't really seem to tilt ever.

Hero (covers) raises to $20 with J :s: J from MP1. Villain calls from SB.

$38. Flop Q 7 7 :s:. Check, H checks.

$38. Turn T. Check, H bets $25. V check-raises to $75. H calls.

$183. River A. V bets $150. H?

Happy to hear critiques.
Tagged:

Comments

• McLovinMcLovin Posts: 50Subscriber
    This one looks like a 7 tbh. Once the flop goes check check he is not really supposed to be bluffing with a naked club draw.
    Thanked by 1CycleV
  • CycleVCycleV Posts: 1,196Subscriber
    Or TT. The T did put out a couple of draws, but 98s is just 4 combos, while we block KJs. I'm just going to let go ott.

I'd rather bet flop, check turn fwiw.
  • hustlinhustlin Posts: 362Subscriber
    as played i would nit fold the turn. dont beat much and he reps strength. 7x , maybe not much Qx, and no many diamond draws people X/R here.

on river ummm easy fold. looks way too nutty from a passive player.
  • BennyAdelineBennyAdeline Posts: 35Subscriber
    classic Baluga theorum:

“You should strongly re-evaluate the strength of one-pair hands in the face of a raise on the turn.”

• SuperflySuperfly Posts: 591Subscriber
    Like @cycleV, I think betting flop ($20), and checking back turn might be better.

As played, I guess I’d fold turn based on the impression you provided that V focuses on maximizing value, apparently sometimes overplaying big pairs, but not getting out of line with maniacal, tilty bluffs. In this scenario, can’t seem him overplaying any value hand that you beat.