Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video No. 408: Analyzing a soft 2-5 game

CLP_CraigCLP_Craig Posts: 774Administrator
This month, Tuck gives his take on a typical soft 2-5 game in Jacksonville with special attention on losing value.

Episode Post at 11 AM PST.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/analyzing-a-soft-2-5-game
Tagged:

Comments

• tmo1120tmo1120 Posts: 4Subscriber
    edited September 2019
    I agree with the solid analysis throughout this video , except for hand 1

I think when Lou has A K (he clearly should have 4bet pre) , but AP in a multi-way 3 bet pot on A 7 J; I think this is a great spot to go for a lead because the board is wet and somewhat connected, I don't think a bet would get through 3 players here very often and players could easily call with weaker AX or some draws, so equity denial isn't the only reason for betting this but I don't want this to get checked through if I have AK

also his image may not be one that would indicate he would have some bluffs here, but that doesn't mean that opponents wont make big mistakes against him post flop like calling with a weaker A or calling with the wrong price to chase the FD/SD/combo draw

I think the flop inflection point is interesting and can go either way , but I wouldn't say that betting is not an option
  • DiegoPokerDiegoPoker Posts: 21Subscriber
    In 2-3 spots you advocate bets =40%pot, with marginal hands, for “thin value”.
    The problem with this approach is that you give bet size tells.
    Do you think that players in US 2/5$ don’t pay attention at all to bet sizes?
  • Bart HansonBart Hanson Posts: 6,109Administrator, LeadPro
    @tuckonsports is definitely taking an exploitable approach. And no most players at this level would not pick up on these types of sizing tells. Ive been preaching this approach for years. Bart
    Thanked by 1DiegoPoker
  • DavidTuchmanDavidTuchman Posts: 791Pro
    DiegoPoker wrote: »
    In 2-3 spots you advocate bets =40%pot, with marginal hands, for “thin value”.
    The problem with this approach is that you give bet size tells.
    Do you think that players in US 2/5$ don’t pay attention at all to bet sizes?

Hey buddy,

People do pay attention to bet sizes and you need to be aware of what you're giving away. That said, I think being "balanced" at the 2-5 level is a good way to give away a ton of money.

It's more important to appear balanced than actually be balanced. What I'm suggesting is that we should bet differently against different players. It will "appear" that you are balanced because you're changing things up when in actuality, you're just exploiting each of your opponents.

end of the day, I am definitely in favor of playing an exploitable style. That is, if you want to maximize your profit

Thanks for the feedback

Tuck
    Thanked by 2crux DiegoPoker
  • DavidTuchmanDavidTuchman Posts: 791Pro
    tmo1120 wrote: »
    I agree with the solid analysis throughout this video , except for hand 1

I think when Lou has A K (he clearly should have 4bet pre) , but AP in a multi-way 3 bet pot on A 7 J; I think this is a great spot to go for a lead because the board is wet and somewhat connected, I don't think a bet would get through 3 players here very often and players could easily call with weaker AX or some draws, so equity denial isn't the only reason for betting this but I don't want this to get checked through if I have AK

also his image may not be one that would indicate he would have some bluffs here, but that doesn't mean that opponents wont make big mistakes against him post flop like calling with a weaker A or calling with the wrong price to chase the FD/SD/combo draw

I think the flop inflection point is interesting and can go either way , but I wouldn't say that betting is not an option

First off, thanks for the comment.

We agree. It's a 4bet pre!

Post, I can see instances where I want to lead, but against a 3better and with that particular players image, I think leading out is just too strong.

Is That player leading out with huge draws? in a 3bet pot? I think the predictable older nitty guy is going to have a really tough time creating a lead out range from UTG.

Btw, as you know, I love taking strange out of the box lines. I just think his lead out into that many players in a 3bet pot is going to get too many folds and as we see the 3bet flops top pair and still doesn't continue.

Nonetheless, I definitely understand where you're coming from.

Tuck