Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Poker Video No. 404: Autopilot Mistakes at Stones

CLP_CraigCLP_Craig Posts: 790Administrator
Rob takes a lot at some mistakes due to "autopilot" in live poker. Taking a look at people using robotic betsizing and hand selections without putting much thought into why.

Episode Posts At 11 AM PST

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/autopilot-mistakes-at-stones
Tagged:

Comments

• cuzican86cuzican86 Posts: 15Subscriber
    Hand 2: 88 in the Small Blind.
    Very confused...
    So, 3bet and then what on that board? Bet river then check?

Check raise that flop but then give up on what exactly? Cbet what cards...only an offsuit 6 or 5?
    Then why check raise? What is the plan on the turn?
  • RobFarhaRobFarha Posts: 193Pro
    Not sure I understand the question here?

If we were to 3bet 88 as I recommended pre then yes, we would certainly be continuing with 88 on 722 and then evaluating what to do on certain turns. Mostly checking. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "bet river then check" ???

I don't understand the second part of the question either, is this framed as if we 3bet pre or framed in terms of as played?

In the video I said as played that x/r this flop is quite a bad play and the turn continue on a heart is also bad imo.

"Cbet what cards? only an offsuit 6 or 5" again I am quite lost as to what is being asked here. If we were to take initiative and 3bet pre then yes, we would be cbetting this 722 flop. If we were to flat the raise pre, I like continuing via a call and playing the OOP guessing game on later streets. This is not ideal however, which I why I recommend 3betting pre, especially against a guy who has j3cc in his range.
    Thanked by 1PBJTIME
  • naxetaminaxetami Posts: 26Subscriber
    Rob - just a quick shout out - your discussion on constructing PF bluffing/calling ranges in the Q10 vs A8 hand was VERY helpful. I’ve never put enough analysis into that part of my game, and have been more on autopilot like you mentioned.
  • RobFarhaRobFarha Posts: 193Pro
    naxetami wrote: »
    Rob - just a quick shout out - your discussion on constructing PF bluffing/calling ranges in the Q10 vs A8 hand was VERY helpful. I’ve never put enough analysis into that part of my game, and have been more on autopilot like you mentioned.

No problem :)

appreciate the comment